The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Film Fanatic
01-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Film Fanatic
Has anyone worked out a comprehensive guide to getting the film fanatic achievement on PC? I can't for the life of me work out how to do it, possibly because I never saw the movie, nor do I have a desire to watch it now simply to achieve this goal.

And help or suggestions is appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 05:04 PM
RE: Film Fanatic
There is still no Guide out there because this achievment is STILL BUGGED. Almost 3 months now and no fix here -.-
This is ridiculous.
15-10-2014, 09:56 AM
(10-10-2014 05:04 PM)K1ll3rm Wrote:  There is still no Guide out there because this achievment is STILL BUGGED. Almost 3 months now and no fix here -.-
This is ridiculous.

It's not bugged. It's just very hard...
18-11-2014, 09:29 PM
(15-10-2014 09:56 AM)NdemicT Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 05:04 PM)K1ll3rm Wrote:  There is still no Guide out there because this achievment is STILL BUGGED. Almost 3 months now and no fix here -.-
This is ridiculous.

It's not bugged. It's just very hard...

How do you trigger it?
24-11-2014, 12:52 PM
(18-11-2014 09:29 PM)PlagueIncF Wrote:  How do you trigger it?

Where would the fun be if we told you that Tongue

There has been some interesting discussion on it here.

Good luck!
11-02-2015, 08:00 PM
(24-11-2014 12:52 PM)NdemicT Wrote:  

Good luck!

I too have been stuck on this impossible achievement I have followed all the guides out there and this game mode is no longer fun Angry just tell us they exact requirements to get this achievement so we can be done with it already
18-02-2015, 10:13 AM
(11-02-2015 08:00 PM)Gamer010 Wrote:  

Good luck!

I too have been stuck on this impossible achievement I have followed all the guides out there and this game mode is no longer fun Angry just tell us they exact requirements to get this achievement so we can be done with it already

Hey there - did you manage to get the achievement based on the Steam discussion?
18-02-2015, 03:47 PM
(18-02-2015 10:13 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 08:00 PM)Gamer010 Wrote:  

Good luck!

Hey there - did you manage to get the achievement based on the Steam discussion?

No I haven't got the film fanatic achievement yet and would like to know a guaranteed way of getting it have followed guides on steam didn't Worksop this is impossible or glitched fix it
23-02-2015, 04:29 PM
1. Start in USA, difficulty Normal. Casual would make the human transmission too fast, and Brutal would not still preserve a win.
2. Infect ALL apes before doing any human transmission, let any symptom mutate but make sure none of the extremely lethal or severe symptoms appear making the disease get noticed with only 20 infected. Infectivity symptoms are okay since we don't have drug resistance
3. Create 7 colonies in USA, Central Africa, West Africa, East Africa, China, India, and Indonesia. Get one in Sudan as well if you have really enough spare DNA.
4. Make apes transmit the disease to humans! Follow by evolving 5 resistance abilities except the drug resistance 2, and transmissions including water 2, air 2, and blood 2 once you get 1000 DNA or more. Go for some lethal symptoms after that.
5. Wait for the whole world except some rich countries to infect, then DEVOLVE drug resistance 1.
6. Wait for the cure to go to 80%. Evolve Genetic ReShuffle 1, and 2 if necessary. Whether you have Genetic Hardening or not doesn't really matter.
7. Get Drug Resistance 1 and 2 and fomities 3 after that, making non-rich countries almost died and rich countries just completely infected.
8. Go for the Total Brain Death!
9. WAIT FOR THE US TO HAVE AT MOST 10,000 PEOPLE AND AT LEAST 5,000 INFECTED AND OTHERS ALL DEAD, AND THE WORLD HAVE AT MOST 1,000,000 PEOPLE ALIVE.
10. Devolve Total Brain Death, leave a little lethal symptoms. Immediately devolve Genetic ReShuffle 1 and 2 so the cure is finished.
11. The US now have hundreds of people alive healthy, but you still win because your apes amount is higher than human amount since only a little rich countries still have people alive.
12. Achievement unlocked.

Actually what to do is to
1. Start in the US
2. Make the US still have healthy people when you win.
26-02-2015, 06:09 PM
(23-02-2015 04:29 PM)Ghost Diam Wrote:  1. Start in USA, difficulty Normal. Casual would make the human transmission too fast, and Brutal would not still preserve a win.
2. Infect ALL apes before doing any human transmission, let any symptom mutate but make sure none of the extremely lethal or severe symptoms appear making the disease get noticed with only 20 infected. Infectivity symptoms are okay since we don't have drug resistance
3. Create 7 colonies in USA, Central Africa, West Africa, East Africa, China, India, and Indonesia. Get one in Sudan as well if you have really enough spare DNA.
4. Make apes transmit the disease to humans! Follow by evolving 5 resistance abilities except the drug resistance 2, and transmissions including water 2, air 2, and blood 2 once you get 1000 DNA or more. Go for some lethal symptoms after that.
5. Wait for the whole world except some rich countries to infect, then DEVOLVE drug resistance 1.
6. Wait for the cure to go to 80%. Evolve Genetic ReShuffle 1, and 2 if necessary. Whether you have Genetic Hardening or not doesn't really matter.
7. Get Drug Resistance 1 and 2 and fomities 3 after that, making non-rich countries almost died and rich countries just completely infected.
8. Go for the Total Brain Death!
9. WAIT FOR THE US TO HAVE AT MOST 10,000 PEOPLE AND AT LEAST 5,000 INFECTED AND OTHERS ALL DEAD, AND THE WORLD HAVE AT MOST 1,000,000 PEOPLE ALIVE.
10. Devolve Total Brain Death, leave a little lethal symptoms. Immediately devolve Genetic ReShuffle 1 and 2 so the cure is finished.
11. The US now have hundreds of people alive healthy, but you still win because your apes amount is higher than human amount since only a little rich countries still have people alive.
12. Achievement unlocked.

Actually what to do is to
1. Start in the US
2. Make the US still have healthy people when you win.

Tried this and like all others did NOT work it would help if you went into more detail but this walkthrough didn't work cure went up to quickly and was left with 4billion people alive fix this achievment or put more detail into walkthrough