The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

An open letter
31-05-2015, 10:27 AM
An open letter
Hello guys,

I had originally sent this directly to Ndemic via the feedback function inside the game at my iPhone, but I didn't get a response after a long time and I figured I would post it openly here as I am not sure if other people have also noticed these.

My e-ma Wrote:Hey,

I've been playing Plague Inc. for a while now and I have two complaints I felt I should share:

1. Symptom combos take too long to activate. Is it by design that they aren't activated the moment you get the prerequisite symptoms? For example, I love Profuse Bleeding but I can't get any consistency out of it; it's of no use when I get the symptoms in the beginning and it triggers after everyone is infected.

2. Shuffled evolution tree is an interesting idea but it is quite messy in its current implementation: Things aren't constrained to a logical order so you can get things like Bone Dysplasia before you even get Cythopathic Reanimation or Drug Resistance 2 before you get the first one, and this complete lack of order reduces the appeal of an otherwise refreshing mode.

And before I conclude this e-mail, here's a bonus request: There are many creative ways in which you could implement the special plague types in the Artificial Organs scenario, so please consider doing that.

Thanks for reading and keep up the good work.

So that's the skinny of it, let me know what you think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2015, 11:34 AM
RE: An open letter
For symtom combos, I get them eventually, and I've been playing some time every week for years.

I kind of liked the craziness of the shuffled evolution. But now that you mention it, it can probably be done with some rhyme and reason.
08-06-2015, 10:02 AM
RE: An open letter
(31-05-2015 10:27 AM)Grunkle St Wrote:  Hello guys,

I had originally sent this directly to Ndemic via the feedback function inside the game at my iPhone, but I didn't get a response after a long time and I figured I would post it openly here as I am not sure if other people have also noticed these.

My e-ma Wrote:Hey,

I've been playing Plague Inc. for a while now and I have two complaints I felt I should share:

1. Symptom combos take too long to activate. Is it by design that they aren't activated the moment you get the prerequisite symptoms? For example, I love Profuse Bleeding but I can't get any consistency out of it; it's of no use when I get the symptoms in the beginning and it triggers after everyone is infected.

2. Shuffled evolution tree is an interesting idea but it is quite messy in its current implementation: Things aren't constrained to a logical order so you can get things like Bone Dysplasia before you even get Cythopathic Reanimation or Drug Resistance 2 before you get the first one, and this complete lack of order reduces the appeal of an otherwise refreshing mode.

And before I conclude this e-mail, here's a bonus request: There are many creative ways in which you could implement the special plague types in the Artificial Organs scenario, so please consider doing that.

Thanks for reading and keep up the good work.

So that's the skinny of it, let me know what you think.

Hey Grunkle Stan, sorry if you didn't get a response via email. There is an element of chance in the symptom combos, as diseases aren't consistent Wink. Thanks for the suggestions!