The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Customisation Suggestions
29-10-2014, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2014 10:33 PM by MetalCana0b.)
Lightbulb Customisation Suggestions
Hello, Ndemic!

First of all, ace game. Despite the obvious repetitiveness, the game is just gripping for some reason. And now, with the scenario creator, it's even more fun.

So, since I love creating custom stuff in games, I jumped right at the scenario creator when it was released. The latest update has made it possible to edit and use the necroa virus, which was perfect for what I had in mind.

The idea is basically an A.I. becoming self-aware and... you've guessed it. The A.I. decides to destroy all humans. Now, the problem I have here is several-fold and, at the same time, includes suggestions:

- I can not yet edit the description window that pops up when the zombies are activated.
- It's not (yet) possible to edit the 'zombies' counter on the bottom of the screen. Since the goal in my scenario is to construct factories and war machines, the zombies actually represent those and should be appropriately named.
- It's not possible to completely eliminate the zombie decay. It would be great to have that option, coupled with an option to have your 'zombies' (or machines) be destroyed in greater numbers by the humans.
- Ability to change infection vectors completely. Since a digital virus would be using communication methods to infect, it would pretty much have an instant access to practically the entire world. There could be an option to have different difficulties per country or a part of the 'population' (which would represent firewalls, secure systems, etc. and require upgrades, just like ship and air filters as well as heat and cold resistance do at the moment).
- Ability to change the message when the virus is discovered. The message should obviously imply that it wasn't 'doctors' who discovered a new virus, since this is all digital.

- An option to rename Z-Com
- At the moment, it doesn't seem to be possible to delete or add any actions in the actions editor (the buttons to delete, copy, etc.) don't seem to do anything at all. Bug?
- An option to customise how Z-Com (or your renamed equivalent) actually works. As in, I would like to have each country/zone have a military HQ set-up that the player needs to destroy to quell the defence.
- An option to have your own customisable 'playing pieces' on the map, not just 'zombies' in the form of numbers. These could be special units to move about.

- Ability to have custom music and sound effects in the scenario (for the zombie sounds, for example).

This is from the top of my head at the moment. I understand that some of these suggestion would take the game on an almost strategy game path, but we already have traces of that in the necroa and ape scenarios.

Thanks for reading. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2014, 10:59 AM
RE: Customisation Suggestions
Thanks for the suggestions, interesting ideas.

Quite a bit of this will be possible with the events lab. This will allow you to remove pop ups in game, create new ones, but more importantly change starts during game-play for reasons other than trait evolutions.

The ability to change "zombie" to other words is also on the ideas list. Hopefully we will be able to do this at some point.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply