The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Scenario Editor: Country Importance
03-11-2014, 02:37 AM
Question Scenario Editor: Country Importance
One thing I saw was that country importance can range from 0.5 to 1.5. Does 0.5 mean that the country will basically be looked at as like non-existent by others? Or will other countries just not care about it as much as they normally would? I would really like to see the ability to just set research efforts into effect for only countries that have been infected.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 08:15 PM by brotherc3ef.)
RE: Scenario Editor: Country Importance
Country importance is weird -- it affects loads of different things, such as public order (eg. a given value for public order will have a different effect on countries depending on their importance). It also seems to affect relative country awareness, ie. a given country's awareness will rise more quickly if the countries around it have a higher importance. So that's probably also the mechanism through which it affects research, because the government actions that increase research funding are driven by awareness.

But I can tell you how to create the effect you want.

Start in the world lab, and set the medical budget for every country to 0.

Then define a set of events in the events lab -- you'll need one for each country (ie. 58 events in total). For each one, define a named country condition and a country infected condition, so that the event only fires in that country when its infection rate is 1 or higher. Then for the outcome, simply define a new medical budget.

So to express that in words, it would be (for example) "if country name = usa, and infected population > 0, then medical budget = 10000"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply