The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Something I really hate and Other suggestions
01-12-2014, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 06:56 AM by Zerie9e5.)
Sad Something I really hate and Other suggestions
First of all Hello, I'm new here and don't get me wrong, I love this game but I have one big problem. I really hate when you play for like an hour and
KILL ALL THE POPULATION ON EARTH yet it counts as a Game Over, you loose, thank you for playing. Not even a pat on the back? Sad

What happened was, that my infection didn't spread fast enough even tough the whole world was infected and people where droping like flies a couple
of hundred people survived and my infection Died out?? what?? I really hate this loosing condition and can't accept it, if the whole world is dead and dying how
can a couple hundred people survive and I loose the game? I feel like I wasted my time and it's really annoying! Doesn't it mean anything that 6.8 Billion people
are dead??

I suggest changing it so if the whole world is dead (6.8 Billion+) and the whole map is infected then you should win the game. It doesn't make sense
for 10 people to survive in their secret underground lair!!

Another thing, I feel that spending points on preventing research feels really weak and it's a lot more effective to just kill everybody. I spent all my points
in making my Infection be resistant to research but it didn't even slow them down! This needs to be buffed.

Also, I see no reason for a "resistant to all climates" If we already have resistant to cold and heat. I don't see the point of having this and feels redundant.

The game also needs to make the unlocks a bit easier, or maybe provide more unlocks? At first is easy to spend hours playing and not unlocking anything.
So if you have so many DNA strands and other things, why not make them a bit easier to unlock so people don't feel discouraged? In my first example I was
rejoiced I finally killed everyone only to find out I failed to kill a handful of people and I felt like the game was treating me like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Ok end of rant, I love this game so I hope someone reads some of this and it helps the game get better! Thanks ^^
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2014, 05:26 PM
RE: Something I really hate and Other suggestions
(01-12-2014 06:43 AM)Zerie Wrote:  First of all Hello, I'm new here and don't get me wrong, I love this game but I have one big problem. I really hate when you play for like an hour and
KILL ALL THE POPULATION ON EARTH yet it counts as a Game Over, you loose, thank you for playing. Not even a pat on the back? Sad

What happened was, that my infection didn't spread fast enough even tough the whole world was infected and people where droping like flies a couple
of hundred people survived and my infection Died out?? what?? I really hate this loosing condition and can't accept it, if the whole world is dead and dying how
can a couple hundred people survive and I loose the game? I feel like I wasted my time and it's really annoying! Doesn't it mean anything that 6.8 Billion people
are dead??

I suggest changing it so if the whole world is dead (6.8 Billion+) and the whole map is infected then you should win the game. It doesn't make sense
for 10 people to survive in their secret underground lair!!

Another thing, I feel that spending points on preventing research feels really weak and it's a lot more effective to just kill everybody. I spent all my points
in making my Infection be resistant to research but it didn't even slow them down! This needs to be buffed.

Also, I see no reason for a "resistant to all climates" If we already have resistant to cold and heat. I don't see the point of having this and feels redundant.

The game also needs to make the unlocks a bit easier, or maybe provide more unlocks? At first is easy to spend hours playing and not unlocking anything.
So if you have so many DNA strands and other things, why not make them a bit easier to unlock so people don't feel discouraged? In my first example I was
rejoiced I finally killed everyone only to find out I failed to kill a handful of people and I felt like the game was treating me like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Ok end of rant, I love this game so I hope someone reads some of this and it helps the game get better! Thanks ^^
Well,you should try playing on the "Easy" difficulty,if you have problems with "game over,you loose"...
03-12-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Something I really hate and Other suggestions
It's logic that when a hundred people survive, the humanity survive.