The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Event Lab questions
11-12-2014, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 05:20 PM by Krechd00.)
Event Lab questions
Hi, I have some questions about Event Lab:
1) How to create event that will start every day? Not for each country but once a day (for changing global variables for example)
2) How to create event that will start only in certain country?
3) Can I output variable value into pop-up window or news? For example "%var1 days until cure will be found"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2014, 06:56 PM
RE: Event Lab questions
(11-12-2014 05:19 PM)Kreche Wrote:  2) How to create event that will start only in certain country?
I think you can do this by adding country condition - Country name.
09-01-2015, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015 08:14 PM by brotherc3ef.)
RE: Event Lab questions
(11-12-2014 05:19 PM)Kreche Wrote:  1) How to create event that will start every day? Not for each country but once a day (for changing global variables for example)

You can set events that cycle every day, using the event settings. If you set "event counter threshold" to 1 and "times event can trigger" to -1, then the event will fire every day forever.

HOWEVER repeating events can lock-out the event cycle (ie. stop other events from firing), so if you do this you MUST UNCHECK the "reset event counter when fired" checkbox. If you don't uncheck it, then no other events will ever fire.

Note that the event won't fire in every country -- it will fire in one country each time. The country itself will be random, unless you define a country condition. But if you're only changing global values, it won't make any difference either way.

Note also that the frequency may be greater than specified. Since the event counter isn't getting reset, the event might fire 2 or 3 times on some days. You can use news items to keep an eye on how often it's firing.