The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Scenario Creator Suggestions
26-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Scenario Creator Suggestions
Here are some suggestions regarding scenario creation:

1) Selectable 3D model. Choosing the plague's 3D model regardless of template would be cool. Especially if someone wants to make zombies created by prions or nanites.

2) Stock models for diseases. It would be cool to have some official 3D models to choose from. Think about choosing a tapeworm, mites, louse, ticks, bacteriophage virus, protozoa (giardia, amoeba, trypanosoma, etc) and others.

3) More hex colors. Why only 5 colors? How about a larger variety of colors.

4) Choosing infected color. Instead of red, you can choose other colors to display the infected on the world map.

5) Active abilities for any plague type. Not sure if possible yet, but active abilities could be used by other plague types. Imagine pathogens, "zombies" or "apes" using trojan plane. Or "zombie" camps!

6) Selecting which organs on the anatomical display are affected when making symptoms.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2014, 12:44 PM
RE: Scenario Creator Suggestions
Seconding all of these suggestions. I've always wanted more hex and infected color options, perhaps in addition to offering choices of the standard red and other colors already in use, there could be the option of selecting a color from a color wheel?

Of course I'd assume there'd have to be some slight limitations on colors, anything that would either be too hard to see on the world map or would make the pictures on the hex icons too difficult to see couldn't be used.

(Or it could, if it's just the hex icon color causing trouble, one would just have to have different colored and most likely custom images as their icons)
07-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Oh, I forgot to tell about icons. It would be nice to be able to chose trait icons from the Santa's Little Helper scenario, genes icons and why not some of the achievements icons.

But most importantly, it would be VERY helpful if you could view and edit the default events. That will help people by seeing how those events are made. And editing would be useful if, let's say, the cure supposed to represent something else and you don't want the game saying that research for cure has started.
08-01-2015, 05:58 PM
I agree
I also suggest to add a built-in png editor
also you should add like unlocking infective genes over time and like that
10-01-2015, 12:08 AM
6) is already possible, but you need to edit the raw text in the scenario's data files.

Do you know how to do that?
10-01-2015, 01:52 PM
(10-01-2015 12:08 AM)brotherca Wrote:  6) is already possible, but you need to edit the raw text in the scenario's data files.

Do you know how to do that?
Cool! Can you tell me?
A trick would be to insert an existing trait that affects the organ display and then edit it over.
Also, editing the raw text can make it possible to add trojan planes to any disease? Without, crashing of course.
10-01-2015, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 02:43 PM by brotherc3ef.)
(10-01-2015 01:52 PM)infernalth Wrote:  Cool! Can you tell me?
A trick would be to insert an existing trait that affects the organ display and then edit it over.

The scenario files are at "C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Ndemic Creations\Plague Inc. Evolved\Scenario Creator" for PC or "~/.local/share/Ndemic Creations/Plague Inc. Evolved/Scenario Creator" for Mac.

Look in there for a folder with the same name as your disease, and then find the file called "disease.txt". You'll see a bunch of values for each trait that correspond with the body display. Each is a value from 0 to 100, for example this is Total Organ Failure:

Code:
shading_head:0
shading_chest:0
shading_legs:0
shading_arms:0
shading_abs:0
shading_skin:0
shading_stomach:75
shading_lungs:75
shading_heart:75
shading_kidneys:75
shading_brains:75
shading_liver:75
shading_intestines:75
shading_tumours:0

Make sure you exit the SC before editing this file, otherwise your changes will be overwritten when you save the scenario.

(10-01-2015 01:52 PM)infernalth Wrote:  Also, editing the raw text can make it possible to add trojan planes to any disease? Without, crashing of course.

No :-) Active abilities are only available for specific templates. You could edit the trojan plane values, but it wouldn't make planes appear unless you're using the Neurax template.
13-01-2015, 09:58 AM
It could be fun to make scenarios like bio-weapon zombies maker, or a necroa-simian flu.
14-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Regarding the world lab, it would be cool to have a BC mode for the date. It would make possible for scenarios taken place far in the past. Or another mode where instead of showing the date it shows the days since you started.
18-01-2015, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 08:47 PM by infernalthc85.)
New ideas. When creating traits, you could have the option to lock the cost. So the cost won't increase no matter how many other traits you bought.

When creating events, you should be able to change some of the world lab stats in the outcomes. Like changing air/sea routes, arid, humid, hot, cold, etc. That would allow interesting events where all countries will become cold or hot and other things.

Edit:
During scenario creating, I was unable to use some of my ideas because of some event lab limitations. What I wanted was an outcome that evolved a certain trait for free under some conditions. In this way, you could make a non-starting trait hidden (isolated) and activate it under a certain condition.
Also, a spore burst outcome would be great too.