The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Planes/Boats should cross the Pacific
29-12-2014, 03:33 AM
Planes/Boats should cross the Pacific
From what I've seen so far Planes and Boats do NOT cross the pacific ocean, which is probably due to the map being used. This seems like a bit of an oversight in an otherwise great game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Planes/Boats should cross the Pacific
Have you noticed they follow the flat projection of the Earth rather than the round curvature of it? IE a plane going from UK to USA would would go north, just south of Greenland and then through Canada.

I don't really care about either that or crossing the pacific. Video games are quirky this way.
31-12-2014, 11:25 AM
(29-12-2014 03:33 AM)hastalasag Wrote:  From what I've seen so far Planes and Boats do NOT cross the pacific ocean, which is probably due to the map being used. This seems like a bit of an oversight in an otherwise great game.

We thought it looked odd when boats went off the side of the screen on one side and came back on the other side. Therefore, instead we kept these boat routes, but you will notice that they go the long way round the world, to keep them visible. So these routes are still here, but they take a different route to keep them visible to the player.
12-01-2015, 04:06 PM
No. The world is MINECRAFT and it's a square. (lol)
14-01-2015, 04:57 PM
(12-01-2015 04:06 PM)Ghost Diam Wrote:  No. The world is MINECRAFT and it's a square. (lol)

Tongue