The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Stuck
20-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Stuck
Hello there,

Just downloaded this game which looks awesome.

Still, as a complete beginner, I'm stuck with bacteria in "normal" (oh, shame).
I tried several times and ended in the same situation.

-> I tried to max infectuosity. The disease spreads quite easily. I wait for the 100% infected before going for killing symptoms.
-> It works, but somewhere near the 7 billions infected, the disease just stops working. It decrease until it goes at 0 infected/day. So there are like 300,000 sane people on earth.
-> I still try to kill everyone and the poor infected dies. But those silly sane guys won't get it. I lose.

The map is full red. Almost everyone is infected and still I'm stuck in this weird situation and somehow killing 99% of humanity isn't enough.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2015, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2015 10:04 PM by Z0m0i19f.)
RE: Stuck
Hello there friend!

I think I can help you with this situation that your having here, but I don't know if I can help you fully elimanate your enemies, but its worth a try.

Try going for infectivity first, and avoid getting symptoms at the beginning, that usually screw players up on their progress, while your at it get drug resistance, this should help you take out the rich countries a lot better, under the drug resistance is more traits leading to other traits that are named "genetic reshuffle" that will help you backup cure research, there are also other resistance traits such as cold and hot traits that will help you infect other countries, but just a note only evolve that when their curing you at either a fast rate, or if their almost done.

when you have a whole lot of people infected or like say 60% to 70% of them infected, they should already know about your plague, try using lethal symptoms, or if they are curing your plague real quick just use lethal symptoms, insaneity should be one of the symptoms that slows down cure research, you see almost all of the world is dead, but you still see healthy people around the world? If you have extra DNA points just use drug resistances, but make sure you have enough to devolve any lethal symptoms that are overkilling your hosts, after all of the world is infected, go crazy and kill the rest off.

The slow but stealthy way is to just evolve all or most of the infective traits, drug resistance, hot and cold resistance, and to just wait it out... Unless theres severity around then you may want to get rid of that before they figure out (in bacteria it should let you refund points, but just a heads up other plagues will make you use your DNA points to devolve traits,) after almost to all of the world is infected, evolve to lethal symptoms and over kill the world, make sure you still have points left to kill, your going to need it.

I hope this little guide of mines helps you out Smile

(UPDATED)
I saw that you tried to do max infectivity, although you need your points so don't over use them on infectivity try to at least get a chunk of infectivity and save some up for the drug resistance, as soon as they noticed the severity they should know about your plague, mainly because a whole country is infected and they usually know that before others figure out about it, try getting at least as much infected as possible and then start using some lethal symptoms to kill off a bunch of them, that way the cure research will slow down.
21-01-2015, 10:51 AM
(20-01-2015 06:30 PM)Sarott Wrote:  Hello there,

-> I tried to max infectuosity. The disease spreads quite easily. I wait for the 100% infected before going for killing symptoms.
-> It works, but somewhere near the 7 billions infected, the disease just stops working. It decrease until it goes at 0 infected/day. So there are like 300,000 sane people on earth.
-> I still try to kill everyone and the poor infected dies. But those silly sane guys won't get it. I lose.

The map is full red. Almost everyone is infected and still I'm stuck in this weird situation and somehow killing 99% of humanity isn't enough.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!
keep trying.patience is the answer.
30-01-2015, 12:55 PM
1. Are you 100% sure that EVERY country in the world are red?

2. Look at some island countries that are hard to infect. (Madagascar, Greenland, Philippines, New Guinea and Carribean)

3. Look at some hot or cold countries like Canada or Angola. I had similiar problems with these. Evolving the climate resistance helps with this one. And yeah, they prevent me from killing everyone.
30-01-2015, 03:51 PM
If you start in China, don't worry about Greenland. However evolve Water 1 as soon as possible to ensure infectivity in Russia to infect Greenland, India for Austrilian countries, and C.America for Carribean.
05-02-2015, 11:15 AM
(20-01-2015 06:30 PM)Sarott Wrote:  Hello there,

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!

Looks like you've had some good help! Have you managed to get through the game?