The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

call peta
04-06-2014, 01:09 AM
call peta
Hi everyone,
Has anyone had any luck with this achievement?
So far, I can trigger "kim shardakian buys pugapoo dog" every time.
This is how:
Start off with
Meta hijack
Aquacyte
Trans stasis
Genetic mimic
Extremophile

Nipah scenario (of course)
Any difficulty
I use unlimited cheat, works without it.

Evolve hendra
Evolve horse 1
Devolve any mutations
Be patient

This is all I have so far. Just can't kill the dog!
The CDC website says that transfer of nipah to dogs occurred through the food chain, so I assume maxing out the pig traits is a must.I also think the dog trait is a must.As for the kill, I am exploring the "barking pig" set of symptoms but I am not succeeding.The CDC say mammals such as dogs and horses die from respiratory problems such as barking pig syndrome (pug? Syndrome) and meningitis related nervous system problems. 

Any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 11:47 PM
RE: call peta
I got it but I'm not sure how I did it. When the popup about her buying the dog first came up, I didn't have dig transmission yet. After the popup came up I evolved dog transmission right away then just went about playing, not even realising there was an achievement based on it. After a while of people dying it just popped up and I got it.
20-06-2014, 02:32 PM
http://icspicy.blogspot.com/2014/05/plag...guide.html

Here is some background information from players who are curious
02-06-2015, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 04:34 PM by Scorpidc7.)
(04-06-2014 01:09 AM)tawrast Wrote:  Hi everyone,
Has anyone had any luck with this achievement?
So far, I can trigger "kim shardakian buys pugapoo dog" every time.
This is how:
Start off with
Meta hijack
Aquacyte
Trans stasis
Genetic mimic
Extremophile

Nipah scenario (of course)
Any difficulty
I use unlimited cheat, works without it.

Evolve hendra
Evolve horse 1
Devolve any mutations
Be patient

This is all I have so far. Just can't kill the dog!
The CDC website says that transfer of nipah to dogs occurred through the food chain, so I assume maxing out the pig traits is a must.I also think the dog trait is a must.As for the kill, I am exploring the "barking pig" set of symptoms but I am not succeeding.The CDC say mammals such as dogs and horses die from respiratory problems such as barking pig syndrome (pug? Syndrome) and meningitis related nervous system problems. 

Any ideas?

Genes - cytochrome surge, aquacyte, translesion, genetic mimic, extremophile.

1. Evolve hendra, then horse 1. Wait, devolving any symptoms, until you get the first pop-up. This can take a long time - out of 5 runs it only popped while India was partially infected one time. The longest was at over 3 billion infected.
1.5 Stop devolving symptoms. Allow symptoms evolve gradually - do not buy any.
2. Evolve dog, and swine 1, 2, and 3. No other transmissions will be evolved.
3. Evolve both drug resistances, both genetic hardenings, and cold 1 and 2. Order makes no difference.
4. Wait, keeping an eye on days until cure. When days until cure hits 160 or lower, evolve genetic shuffles. I popped the accomplishment 5/5 times in a row with this strategy, and needed the shuffles three times.
Theory - I believe that in order to trigger this accomplishment you need to keep the US reasonably calm, and be very patient. I suspect that the country being too disrupted is the limiting factor. By allowing symptoms to evolve instead of buying them, the disease progression is slower and less disruptive. Limiting transmissions I believe is also helpful reducing disruption, since it avoids triggering horse slaughtering and fruit burning actions.
5/5 successes getting the achievement on casual difficulty, on the android mobile app.

This is a great guide from yo its spicy