The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Ape travel behaviour:bug/intended?
22-04-2015, 11:42 AM
Ape travel behaviour:bug/intended?
So,when i recently used in simian flu scenario my travel ability, i found that even with all of the talents concerning it being unlocked - including seafaring- sometimes my apes still become dead on arrival, and this is hilariously enough happens in situations where travel distance is lower than in all previous successful travels - like travel from greenland to iceland, or from america to carribean - while you arrived in greenland from columbia and in america from africa. IS it working correctly and there is just a small chance of them to die, or something isnt right?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: Ape travel behaviour:bug/intended?
Try dragging the apes to the middle of the land. They just "drown" if their destination is ocean very close to land... I think it's a bug though
27-04-2015, 11:04 AM
(22-04-2015 11:42 AM)DevouredO Wrote:  So,when i recently used in simian flu scenario my travel ability, i found that even with all of the talents concerning it being unlocked - including seafaring- sometimes my apes still become dead on arrival, and this is hilariously enough happens in situations where travel distance is lower than in all previous successful travels - like travel from greenland to iceland, or from america to carribean - while you arrived in greenland from columbia and in america from africa. IS it working correctly and there is just a small chance of them to die, or something isnt right?

This is interesting - thanks for sharing.

Do you have any specific steps to replicate so I can dig into this further?
19-05-2015, 12:07 PM
(27-04-2015 11:04 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 11:42 AM)DevouredO Wrote:  So,when i recently used in simian flu scenario my travel ability, i found that even with all of the talents concerning it being unlocked - including seafaring- sometimes my apes still become dead on arrival, and this is hilariously enough happens in situations where travel distance is lower than in all previous successful travels - like travel from greenland to iceland, or from america to carribean - while you arrived in greenland from columbia and in america from africa. IS it working correctly and there is just a small chance of them to die, or something isnt right?

This is interesting - thanks for sharing.

Do you have any specific steps to replicate so I can dig into this further?

Yes, i think i do - sorry for late reply. I started in africa, took all the necessary mutations and then tried travvelling in carribean using the closest part of it as destination. When they travelled there, they were all dead on arrival - meaning that it has something to do with how travel destination point works. as it happens on small islands, the commenter above probably right that it only happens when destination is too close to ocean?
28-05-2015, 03:36 PM
guess it is either found now or not noticed:3