The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

When are the humans alerted?
09-10-2015, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 05:09 PM by Bobazoi30b.)
When are the humans alerted?
So, at what point do the humans start working on a cure?
Is it when the disease's severity gets too high or starts getting lethal?

I supposed it also depends on what level difficulty you are playing as well.

It seems to me that the humans don't get too aggressive (start seeing the blue cure bubbles) until you evolve symptoms that are lethal?
At least on the Bacteria - Brutal level on IOS.
I have not tried this theory on the XB1 version yet.

(09-10-2015 04:36 PM)Bobazoi Wrote:  So, at what point do the humans start working on a cure?
Is it when the disease's severity gets too high or starts getting lethal?

I supposed it also depends on what level difficulty you are playing as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2015, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 07:12 PM by AnimalM5ba.)
RE: When are the humans alerted?
Severity gives cure away. The more severe it is the more the WHO wants to cure it i.e severity = danger to society. Play parasite and use symbiosis you'll understand a little better

- oh and brutal and mega brutal random blood tests take place limiting the range of secrecy that can be obtained using low severity tactics. Usually by the time you have a single country fully infected you will get a blood test.
10-10-2015, 03:59 PM
I have been trying to beat Bacteria on Brutal to no avail.
As soon as I go lethal they get the cure.
I tried not letting any symptoms evovling but then I dont have enough DNA points to kill fast enough.

I also tried spreading the disease keeping the lethality at zero but again they beat me.

I tried spreading and killing (keeping the killing behind) but once again they develop the cure and kill me.

What is the correct strategy?

I can win on Brutal on my IOS version.

(09-10-2015 07:09 PM)AnimalM Wrote:  Severity gives cure away. The more severe it is the more the WHO wants to cure it i.e severity = danger to society. Play parasite and use symbiosis you'll understand a little better

- oh and brutal and mega brutal random blood tests take place limiting the range of secrecy that can be obtained using low severity tactics. Usually by the time you have a single country fully infected you will get a blood test.
10-10-2015, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 05:51 PM by AnimalM5ba.)
(10-10-2015 03:59 PM)Bobazoi Wrote:  I have been trying to beat Bacteria on Brutal to no avail.
I tried not letting any symptoms evovling but then I dont have enough DNA points to kill fast enough.

I also tried spreading the disease keeping the lethality at zero but again they beat me.

I tried spreading and killing (keeping the killing behind) but once again they develop the cure and kill me.

(09-10-2015 07:09 PM)AnimalM Wrote:  Severity gives cure away. The more severe it is the more the WHO wants to cure it i.e severity = danger to society. Play parasite and use symbiosis you'll understand a little better

Try this-

In following order.

I have used this Strat phone before as well as comp so genes are not essential but do help

Brutal
Genetic mimic
Teracyte
Symptostasis
Cytochrome surge
Urbophile

Let random mutations evolve.
Play aggressively

Start Saudi Arabia

1. Water 1
2. Blood 1
3. Drug resistance 1
4. Water 2
5. Cold resistance 1
6. Drug resistance 2
7. Blood 2
8. Cold resistance 2

From this point evolve more symptoms of infectivity and low/medium lethality stay away from dysentry
You should have lots of DNA for genetic shuffles and organ failure. Wait for 95% pop infected boom organ failure

Good symptoms to speed infectivity
9. Coughing
10. Pneumonia
11. Absesses
12. Sweating

By this point I was ready for organ failure and won

P.s a similar strategy will also work on mega brutal
10-10-2015, 11:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2015 11:37 PM by Bobazoi30b.)
Ok, I implemented you strategy and finished with 24,830 - 60% cure -665 days.
Thanks, Animal.

So, now I want to understand why your strategy worked better than mine.
Was it the blood transmissions. That was the only difference that I could see.

I would always evovle Cold and Drug resistance. But I used Air and Water and Bio thing. Plus I only evovled low symptoms. I also started in China or India but I doubt starting at Saudi would chNge anything.

I guess through blood it is harder to detect?

(10-10-2015 05:47 PM)AnimalM Wrote:  [q

uote='Bobazoid1' pid='7416' dateline='1444489196']

Try this-

In following order.

I have used this Strat phone before as well as comp so genes are not essential but do help

Brutal
Genetic mimic
Teracyte
Symptostasis
Cytochrome surge
Urbophile

Play aggressively

Start Saudi Arabia

1. Water 1
2. Blood 1
3. Drug resistance 1
4. Water 2
5. Cold resistance 1
6. Drug resistance 2
7. Blood 2
8. Cold resistance 2

From this point evolve more symptoms of infectivity and low/medium lethality stay away from dysentry
You should have lots of DNA for genetic shuffles and organ failure. Wait for 95% pop infected boom organ failure

9. Coughing
10. Pneumonia
11. Absesses
12. Sweating

[/quote]

Tried in India. I killed too fast and killed the host. I can see Blood plus air spreads quicker than air and water

quote='AnimalMan' pid='7417' dateline='1444495649']
(10-10-2015 03:59 PM)Bobazoi Wrote:  I have been trying to beat Bacteria on Brutal to no avail.

Try this-

In following order.

Brutal
Genetic mimic
Teracyte
Symptostasis
Cytochrome surge
Urbophile

Play aggressively

Start Saudi Arabia

1. Water 1
2. Blood 1
3. Drug resistance 1
4. Water 2
5. Cold resistance 1
6. Drug resistance 2
7. Blood 2
8. Cold resistance 2

9. Coughing
10. Pneumonia
11. Absesses
12. Sweating

[/quote]

Tried again except started in India. The cure got to 90 % but I killed too fast and killed the host.

I can see that blood plus water spreads faster than air plus water.

quote='Bobazoid1' pid='7418' dateline='1444515576']
Ok, I implemented you strategy and finished with 24,830 - 60% cure -665 days.
Thanks, Animal.

So, now I want to understand why your strategy worked better than mine.

I would always evovle Cold and Drug resistance. But I used Air and Water and Bio thing. Plus I only evovled low symptoms. I also started in China or India but I doubt starting at Saudi would chNge anything.

(10-10-2015 05:47 PM)AnimalM Wrote:  [q

uote='Bobazoid1' pid='7416' dateline='1444489196']

Try this-

In following order.

Brutal
Genetic mimic
Teracyte
Symptostasis
Cytochrome surge
Urbophile

Play aggressively

Start Saudi Arabia

1. Water 1
2. Blood 1
3. Drug resistance 1
4. Water 2
5. Cold resistance 1
6. Drug resistance 2
7. Blood 2
8. Cold resistance 2

9. Coughing
10. Pneumonia
11. Absesses
12. Sweating

[/quote]

Tried in India. I killed too fast and killed the host. I can see Blood plus air spreads quicker than air and water

quote='AnimalMan' pid='7417' dateline='1444495649']

Try this-

In following order.

Brutal
Genetic mimic
Teracyte
Symptostasis
Cytochrome surge
Urbophile

Play aggressively

Start Saudi Arabia

1. Water 1
2. Blood 1
3. Drug resistance 1
4. Water 2
5. Cold resistance 1
6. Drug resistance 2
7. Blood 2
8. Cold resistance 2

9. Coughing
10. Pneumonia
11. Absesses
12. Sweating

[/quote]
[/quote]
11-10-2015, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 12:41 AM by AnimalM5ba.)
Quote:So, now I want to understand why your strategy worked better than mine.

I don't understand did you beat it?

The Strat probably works better because instead of evolving level 1 and 2 right after the other you broaden your reach so is effective to a wider range of specific country traits from an earlier stage - and then hit level 2. This allows for a better land transmission before borders are closed and disease is noticed - making more country's susceptible, when level 2 is hit it merely increases infectivity faster within the range of country's that currently have a small amount of infected from level 1s.
It is also to do with the realism factor of the game of how bacteria actually spreads. Notice immune suppression is a good symptom to evolve with Bacteria because this is what bacteria does, weakens you allowing other infections to become more severe. Bacteria spreading by air is unlike a real life situation which most likely has a negative effect on harder settings.

I chose Saudi Arabia because of its connections via airport and seaport and is a good central spot to take advantage of land transmission and hit China and Africa early. Just north of saudi Arabia comes the humid zones east of Europe making water effective whilst blood covers the poor regions and drug gets the wealthy.

I'm not 100% certain but seems logical. Let me know if you get stuck again.

P.s the interesting thing would be to use my Strat but change order of evolutions and test the outcome. I'll try this sometime and post the results. I'm sure it could turn out differently. Lots going on in the game. Including evolving and devolving and orders of evolutions as factors of sucsess or failure. Country starting location can also affect the in game news reel. Which if you respond to it can make elements of the game easier.
11-10-2015, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2015 02:29 AM by Bobazoi30b.)
(11-10-2015 12:18 AM)AnimalM Wrote:  

The Strat probably works better because instead of evolving level 1 and 2 right after the other you broaden your reach so is effective to a wider range of specific country traits from an earlier stage - and then hit level 2. This allows for a better land transmission before borders are closed and disease is noticed - making more country's susceptible, when level 2 is hit it merely increases infectivity faster within the range of country's that currently have a small amount of infected from level 1s.
It is also to do with the realism factor of the game of how bacteria actually spreads. Notice immune suppression is a good symptom to evolve with Bacteria because this is what bacteria does, weakens you allowing other infections to become more severe. Bacteria spreading by air is unlike a real life situation which most likely has a negative effect on harder settings.

I chose Saudi Arabia because of its connections via airport and seaport and is a good central spot to take advantage of land transmission and hit China and Africa early. Just north of saudi Arabia comes the humid zones east of Europe making water effective whilst blood covers the poor regions and drug gets the wealthy.

P.s the interesting thing would be to use my Strat but change order of evolutions and test the outcome. I'll try this sometime and post the results. I'm sure it could turn out differently. Lots going on in the game. Including evolving and devolving and orders of evolutions as factors of sucsess or failure. Country starting location can also affect the in game news reel. Which if you respond to it can make elements of the game easier.

Yes. Thanks for the help.

(11-10-2015 02:28 AM)Bobazoi Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 12:18 AM)AnimalM Wrote:  

11-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Yes. I beat Brutal. Thanks for the help.
I tried the same strat on mega Brutal with no success.

[/quote]
18-02-2016, 04:44 AM
Usually when lethality and severity levels rise, and any symptoms exist.
18-02-2016, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2016 05:18 AM by The Psycho Pathol5ba.)
Information RE: When are the humans alerted?
I like to think that a symptoms particular effects as stated in its description have some influence over how likely it is to get you noticed.

For example; Cysts and Rash are both only slightly more severe than Nausea or Coughing, yet they certainly seem to get a plague noticed much more quickly. Based on experience, I would personally say almost as quickly as Insomnia, the most severe tier 1 symptom. But both of those symptoms descriptions describe them as being painful, which may be a contributing factor if you ask me.

Oh, and for further reference, see the symptoms stats guide below, courtesy of the Plague Inc. Wiki, a fan made wikia for Plague Inc.