The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

"A Living World"
08-11-2015, 07:13 PM
"A Living World"
I think one thing that Plague Inc. is really missing is a more active world, in which there is actually a birth and death rate. This has obviously probably been suggested I understand, and maybe even shot down, but I'm new to these forums. I think that birth and death rates would be very interesting, and perhaps even some new symptoms that can directly affect birth and death rates, rather than simply killing people. It would add a whole new layer of strategy and complexity to an already well developed game.

Any ideas? If you could think of any symptoms that would be good to create some sort of "Birth/Death Rate" variable that would be great!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: "A Living World"
(08-11-2015 07:13 PM)DezeMc Wrote:  I think one thing that Plague Inc. is really missing is a more active world, in which there is actually a birth and death rate. This has obviously probably been suggested I understand, and maybe even shot down, but I'm new to these forums. I think that birth and death rates would be very interesting, and perhaps even some new symptoms that can directly affect birth and death rates, rather than simply killing people. It would add a whole new layer of strategy and complexity to an already well developed game.

Any ideas? If you could think of any symptoms that would be good to create some sort of "Birth/Death Rate" variable that would be great!

Welcome to the forum, DezeMcG!

Birth / Death rates are a very popular request, and one we've been tempted to try a few times. The reason we haven't is that it might add a lot of complexity without necessarily adding much to the gameplay - it is definitely something we want to look at implementing again in future though.
13-11-2015, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2015 02:27 AM by The Psycho Pathol5ba.)
Lightbulb RE: "A Living World"
Maybe there could be a particular scenario pertaining to this sort of mechanic? Not sure how one would realistically incorporate that into the game though. I mean, "Humans have suddenly started giving birth and dying again" does not make any sense logically. But it's just a thought.
Find all posts by this user