The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Poll: Do you guys want this?
Yes, this is a great idea and would make the game even better!
No, don't add this. It's stupid.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
More Realistic (Adding NIR)
28-11-2015, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2015 10:11 PM by Cloud24c7.)
Lightbulb More Realistic (Adding NIR)
So while I was in my AP Human Geography class, we were talking about the demographic transition model, which got me thinking about this game. I thought "Well, what if they made it so that these can apply more to the game, such as a NIR?" So, now I'm here, saying that maybe this could make the game more difficult. It'd basically be a small update, as most of the game already fits. The only thing needed is adding to the population at the same rate as it does in real life, or close to it.

So what do you guys think?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2015, 12:38 AM
Question RE: More Realistic (Adding NIR)
I'm afraid I must ask what NIR stands for? It is not a term I have really heard before.
30-11-2015, 02:45 AM
RE: More Realistic (Adding NIR)
(30-11-2015 12:38 AM)The Psycho Pathol Wrote:  I'm afraid I must ask what NIR stands for? It is not a term I have really heard before.

NIR means Natural Increase Rate. Sorry, I should've said that.
05-12-2015, 06:17 PM
(30-11-2015 02:45 AM)Cloud26 Wrote:  NIR means Natural Increase Rate. Sorry, I should've said that.

Oh, OK, now I understand. So basically a global natality/mortality mechanic, correct? I few other users have suggested that before, and I personally think it is a decent idea, except that it would be a complex addition and possibly a pain for the Ndemic team to implement. But then again, I am not part of the team, so who knows? Maybe it wouldn't be as difficult as I figure.
13-12-2015, 07:10 PM
It would be quite fun to play. It would also be great if they updated the gameplay as in, it still talks about the London olympics and the population is still the same as it was in 2012.