The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Activate/Deaktivate "Tech" automatic at/by event
26-02-2016, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2016 02:00 PM by axa305.)
Activate/Deaktivate "Tech" automatic at/by event
Hello
First: I speak german, and that's why I use the german version of the Scenario Creatore. I'm sorry but so there are maybe some translation-mistakes.
Hope we will find a way of communication, so that the other know what the meaning.

And now what I wand:

For beter understanding, there are things like "transmision", "ability" and "symptom" alltogether I think they called "techs"

At the Event-Manager, there it's posibel to choce as condition "Set Tech Triggers..."
With this you can chose one or more Techs the must (or must not) be Activated bevore the Event can happend.
Is there a way, to turn this around?

What I mean is:
Is there a way, if something happens in the game, that a selected Tech will be Activated automatic and/or Visibel, and also otherway for an other Tech and an other Event, in the moment something happend it will be degenerate (deaktivited) automatic and/or invisibel.
(That it's posibel to activate a tech random, I alredy know, now I serch for a way to do this with a chosen Tech)

PS: For me it's also OK, if this is only posible by add and/or change something in the "events.txt"-Document manuell.

edit:
If there is any anwser please post it for the next who try the same, but for me, I have to say sorry, but now I think the plagge I have tryed to make isn't possibel without some gameupdates, and that's why I have lost my interrest for the project.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2016, 11:07 AM
RE: Activate/Deaktivate "Tech" automatic at/by event
This is currently not possible, but it is on the list of something we want to add to the scenario creator. Hopefully we will be able to bring it in the future!
12-10-2016, 12:57 PM
RE: Activate/Deaktivate "Tech" automatic at/by event
Hey Tom. Can you give an eta on that function because I have a huge scenario sitting on my harddrive waiting for that function. i tried to implement it directly using xml code but that didn't work out.

Or can you edit this to evolve the following sample symptom:

Code:
<Effects>
              <Effect Target="DISEASE" Field="evolveTech" Op="SET" Val="transmission" />
            </Effects>

Tech:
Code:
disease_tech:
cffead5b-42b1-4b30-afdd-2de716477221:
  name:Affection for laughter

So we litte modders have a temporary workaround.

My old scenario "You encountered a bug" could have hugely profitted from a function like that...