The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Poll: What do you think of the new Mega-Brutal difficulty?
Too Easy
Too Hard
About right
Haven't tried it yet
[Show Results]

What do you think of the new Mega-Brutal difficulty?
27-02-2014, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2014 08:06 PM by NdemicJa69e.)
DNA What do you think of the new Mega-Brutal difficulty?
Plague Inc: Evolved has a new difficulty level. Have you played it? If so - how have you found it?
Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2014, 03:02 AM
RE: What do you think of the new Mega-Brutal difficulty?
In my opinion all plague types (in exception of fungus) were fairly easy to beat on mega brutal.

The best way to check if this applies to most of the community would probably be to implement achievements for beating mega brutal (rather than brutal) and see how many get it.
The difficulty is about right, if global stats don't exceed 2-5% Wink
Find all posts by this user
01-03-2014, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 01:24 AM by Buddhad0d.)
Seems very intimidating at the moment! I'd think it would be very daunting for a Junior World Eraser such as myself.
01-03-2014, 01:43 AM
Thumbs Down RE: What do you think of the new Mega-Brutal difficulty?
It feels just great compared to how brutal plays, a nice balance between Game world and Hyper realism. Even tho i haven't beat it (yet), it's a good test of how good a pathogen maker, world crusher you really are.
03-03-2014, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 12:36 PM by Pernof6a.)
It's very different how brutal plays which is nice. I was used to stalling on brutal and wait for infection to spread but that wasn't an option on mega brutal anymore. Had bit of a struggle figuring out the new play style. Fungus was very hard... Others could've been a bit harder maybe. There was a general strategy that worked on all except fungus which was a bit boring. Eagerly waiting new additions.

Edit: Neurax was too easy.
05-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm still struggling to beat the "Fungus" level at this difficulty. I found particularly hard to spread the desease without running out of DNA points. I noticed that normal spreading ways are less functional here and I'm obliged to use the spore spreading to infect more countries. In Mega-Brutal difficulty my fungus is discovered significantly early and therefore I have to spend points to slow down the cure. Confused
I've tried several diferent strategies - so far unsuccessfully.
Either I get cured before killing everybody or some countries shut down every possible way to penetrate their borders.
Any suggestions what possibly be the key to win this scenario at this difficulty will be welcome.
05-03-2014, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 07:51 PM by Pernof6a.)
(05-03-2014 06:19 PM)Mindstorm Wrote:  I'm still struggling to beat the "Fungus" level at this difficulty. I found particularly hard to spread the desease without running out of DNA points. I noticed that normal spreading ways are less functional here and I'm obliged to use the spore spreading to infect more countries. In Mega-Brutal difficulty my fungus is discovered significantly early and therefore I have to spend points to slow down the cure. Confused
I've tried several diferent strategies - so far unsuccessfully.
Either I get cured before killing everybody or some countries shut down every possible way to penetrate their borders.
Any suggestions what possibly be the key to win this scenario at this difficulty will be welcome.

I suggest using Metabolic Jump, Genetic Mimic, Suppression and Patho-Stasis genes. Get around 5 spore bursts right off the bat. Get them from the same circle so you can get to spore explosion faster. When you have around 16 countries left to infect, start buying spore bursts. Go for the spore explosion first to get maximal coverage.

Devolve symptoms until they start working on cure.
I get first 5x Spore Burst, Water1, Water2, Air1, Bird1, Bird2
Then: Cold Resistance 1, Cold Resistance 2, Drug Resistance 1, Heat Resistance 1
Then: Air2, Genetic Hardening 1 when cure starts
After those all thats left is to wait for there to be 16 or less uninfected countries left. Then spore burst those. When you have all countries go straight to Necrosis symptom. You won't have much points left at this point so try to add some lethality to your disease. I've been using Hemorrhagic Shock. When deaths start stacking up you get more dna points which you can use either to add lethality or to slow the cure. You may need to add some infectivity as well so people won't die faster than they get infected. Maybe Coughing -> Sneezing and Cysts -> Abscesses.

This strategy cuts it pretty close. I've won twice with the cure over 95%. One won at 80% so it might be a bit luck based too. Hope this helps.

Edit: Tried this out just in case. This time completed with the cure at 56%.
05-03-2014, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014 10:57 PM by LiquidBa38c.)
In my point of view you can't really title something as being "mega-brutal" if you can apply random strategies found on the internet and have a 100% success rate with them. Confused
My biggest wish for this game is that it will get alot more adaptive by trying to counter the player's strategies, so that you cannot succeed by following someones instructions alone!
06-03-2014, 08:08 AM
Some adaptability would be nice because it seems weird that the scientists of the world wouldn't notice that an asymptomatic virus/fungus/mind-control-worm had managed to infect everyone on the planet.
25-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Cure RE: What do you think of the new Mega-Brutal difficulty?
This difficulty is hard because the cure develope very fast , i have a problem with nano-virus , small-pox and black death . Other plagues are light for me (especially neurax worm, bio-weaopn and prion).