The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Multiplayer
03-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Multiplayer
I'm not quite sure as to how exactly this might work, but I'll give a couple suggestions for a multiplayer aspect. For example, one team could be the developers of the disease, and the other team could play as scientists, working on a cure for the disease. Each team has to build their virus/cure in adaption to the other team's advancements and so on. Virus team gets like a one minute headstart or something. And then maybe there could be like a temporary cure and stuff like this. I don't know, the idea just came to my head, and I felt like it had to be in the final game. Maybe each member of the scientist team could represent one country, and each member of the virus team could... well I don't honestly know quite yet at this point. But maybe you could just have a 1v1 thing. You have to figure out most of everything else, I'm sorry, but this was just a random post that I felt was necessary. Tell me what you guys think!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Multiplayer
i would like to see that happen. personally i envisioned the multiplayer co-op to be two pathogens in the world at the same time. that would be awesome. however if two or three people worked together to genetically modify one pathogen that would be cool too. the versus mode would probably do best as a PVP one-on-one thing. just because if you have to many people on one game you would end up wasting DNA points over changing what someone else did.
06-03-2014, 07:58 AM
Multiple people working on the same pathogen could be pretty chaotic. I like the idea of multiplayer being a competition to see whose virus can kill the most people.
07-03-2014, 01:05 AM
(06-03-2014 07:58 AM)Mister_D Wrote:  Multiple people working on the same pathogen could be pretty chaotic. I like the idea of multiplayer being a competition to see whose virus can kill the most people.

Hm... but then that wouldn't really be an mp experience, rather than just trying to knock your friends off the scoreboard. I think the best would be the one on one.
10-03-2014, 10:40 PM
A few other concepts for multiplayer (Not sure how feasible it would be from a technological stand point) is a co-op mode vs a director AI virus and full blown free for all.

The director concept in essence has a few players acting as the scientist in the world. There would be one true world wipe out virus building up but at the same time there will be a few false positives (Like the flu) that would pop up to potentially draw the cure teams attention and waste precious time fighting the wrong pathogen.

The free for all branches off this concept but instead of a AI director you have genuine humans playing the pathogens that are not only trying to out-pace/wipe out another players virus but at the same time fighting against either human controlled Cure teams or basic cure team.