The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

new plague
09-11-2017, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2017 06:39 PM by orcquef60.)
new plague
New Plague published:

[ My name is "Despair" ]

give it a try and give it a thumbs up!
i'm sure you're going to love it.
i'd like some feedback. PM me or send me an email.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2017, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2018 12:49 AM by orcquef60.)
RE: new plague
For those using the United states as the starting country in -- [ My name is "Dispair" ] -- as soon as the dna points hit (9), open each trait immediately. Allow the dna points to continue building until you see to it that New Zealand and Australia have been infected by plane.
The same method sometimes works with other countries as well.
You're doing great if you can infect the world by July 2019 :-)
11-11-2017, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 07:26 PM by orcquef60.)
Beware of the the New Zealand/ Norway, Sweden split. If this occurs, and you don't have enough dna points built up to dump onto Transmissions, your odds of winning drop significantly.
I hope this clue helps :-)
Norway & Sweden are notoriously frustrating when trying to win.

One other point to keep in minded, is that you should also keep enough dna points available to slow down the cure (and you can only accomplish this if you have managed your Abilities well enough)
12-11-2017, 12:57 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 02:57 AM by orcquef60.)
5:45pm standard time; 11-11-17
Score: 45199
Normal
Prion
585 days
2 stars

Posted as a score.
I've never achieved this before, so I do believe Three stars are possible (but--tough).

Anyone playing, go ahead and push the boundaries if you can!
I'd really like to have you post your scores on this string even if they aren't as high as this. Ideally I would like to find out the scores along with the starting countries.
Any observations, questions or otherwise go ahead and post too.

On later posts, I'll provide information on why the trees for Transmissions, Symptoms, and Abilities were created as they are.

orcquest :-)
13-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Rather than explaining my game scenario method and design here, I've decided to use a different thread, which you will note next to this one.
This string and the other one will be run in parallel so take advantage of both
17-11-2017, 04:26 PM
I've been beating my head against a wall recently. Believe me if I didn't know it, I'd think that I was playing this scenario on mega brutal Undecided
China has proved to be a bane in my side! When designing this scenario, it never occurred to me that I should have tweaked it so that Euro-Asia was a bit more willing to spread to Canada (yup, that's the pain in the side).
not that the plague doesn't get there--the problem is that it just will not progress past about 60%.
Anyone out there, who can figure out a way to infect the whole world from China, PLEASE, let me know!
Not that I'll quit or anything, but--if I can even do it before 2100 days, I'll be pleased.
So just a side note: see--even a creator of a scenario can fail! I guess that 'this indicates a balanced game with a lot of challenges :-)
19-11-2017, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2017 02:54 AM by orcquef60.)
After untold hours of pain and suffering, the Chinese connection has been resolved! Resolved, but not without some novel approaches.
So--
First the stats:
Score--24763
Standard
Normal
Prion
1080 days
66%
1 star

This is the only strategy that worked (at present):
(1): Follow the whole "Voting" tree in "Transmissions"
(2): Follow both branches of the "Polution/Environmental fatalities" tree in "Symptoms"
(3): Follow both branches of the ""Propaganda/Surveillance" tree in "Abilities"
Build up dna points (170-180) and concentrate on "Transmissions" and split up traits between "Symptoms" and "Abilities"
Once again--see to it that you have enough dna points to use "Cosmic Consciousness" just in case you have to stall the cure. When I successfully infected the whole world, I didn't need to slow down the cure (whew)!
I know that 1080 days doesn't appear to be all that great; however, at least it's a start.
Well that's my current strategy. I hope some of you can improve on this.
As usual--please post your successes

orcquest
20-11-2017, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2017 08:23 PM by orcquef60.)
Update: Chinese connection.
Score--29803
923 days
56%
1 star

The strategy has proved to be the one apparently :-)
I applied the strategy several times and so far they have bounced between 68% and this one.
20-11-2017, 05:22 AM
Update: Chinese connection
Score--32646
848 days
54%
I've fine-tuned the strategy by doing the following:
As the value of a trait presents itself (the value or a little over), immediately use the dna points to acquire a trait along each of the Tree(s) and branches shown in the aforementioned "Transmissions", "Symptoms's" and "Abilities" (in that order). You may not need to depend on all of the "Abilities" aforementioned branches; but again, keep out a sufficient amount of dna to slow the cure just in case
22-11-2017, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2017 08:45 PM by orcquef60.)
Update: Chinese connection
Score: 41364
607 days
86%
2 stars

I thought I lost it--Spain of all places held out like a tick hangs on!
I think that that 607 days is right on the edge of the unattainable.
I'm exceedingly happy with this score however :-)

I'm going to leave China alone now (at least for the time being) and choose another country.
Ironically Saudi Arabia is proving to be another difficult country to start in!
Canada, Greenland and Iceland are very resistant to infection; so, I'm thinking that this is a good one to work on.
As usual--for those who want to test their nettle on this country--let's see how we can succeed at infection :-)