The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Help translate Plague Inc: Evolved!
11-03-2014, 03:51 PM
RE: Help translate Plague Inc: Evolved!
(11-03-2014 02:34 PM)Pandemi Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 01:17 PM)NdemicT Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 08:34 AM)PAX-1 Wrote:  Lethality inside the glossary is still "Tödlichkeit", meh. Big Grin

"Mortalitätsrate" is currently ranking at the top! I presume this isn't correct?
Please vote as appropriate!

Undecided It sounds so...over the top. It's like the 18th century version of "Letalität" Big Grin

Edit: Letalität is an adjective (which is correct because lethality is >>describing<< how "deadly" something is)
Mortalitätsrate is actually completely wrong because it could be used to describe how many of those who are infected die (in absolute numbers!)
Wow, this is so hard to explain. ._.
Anyway i hope my fellow germans will vote correctly. Smile

Apparently, they won't.
I guess not every translator is following this thread, since some still prefer Tödlichkeit over Letalität, which I refuse to understand.
I wish to address this topic more and solve it once and for all since I feel in this case, it is not up to preference, but really flat out wrong to prefer Tödlichkeit.

Lethality = Letalität
Deadliness = Tödlichkeit

Now, I don't see any single reason not to prefer Letalität over Tödlichkeit.
1. It is the direct translation, thus preferable.
2. It is - as the original - medical terminology, thus preferable.

"Dumbing it down" from Letalität to Tödlichkeit would be like calling an airplane a flying-thing in a flight sim... well yeah ok, not exactly, but you catch my drift I hope.

From Dict.cc
[Image: fbaaa79bfacde2f9c1ecfd3313fce78a.png]

[Image: 178bbbdcfd8e57f862b0b2b0338d3edb.png]

Additionally, other texts in the game have already been adapted to Letalität, kudos to LiquidBacon, so we would have to change them back again as well, duh. Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help translate Plague Inc: Evolved! - PAX-12 - 11-03-2014 03:51 PM