The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

What should we call it?
07-03-2014, 01:16 AM
What should we call it?
When you name your plague, what do you do? Do you use a set name for them all or try to be creative with everyone?
I pride myself in unique names, such as a virus named Nintendo (not most original, but it's what came to mind Wink ).

Now it's your turn!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 01:24 AM
RE: What should we call it?
I tried to come up with a name that still sounded like a disease, so I took a word that I like, that I have used in other things and threw an "itis" on the end. That's why my name here in the forum is The "itis". But after that, I tried to come up with something for the next game, got impatient after about 4 seconds and said "screw It". So I just use the same one over and over.
07-03-2014, 02:12 AM
Hollow.
Always that name.

~Hollow. :3
07-03-2014, 02:48 AM
Prime-01, Prime-02, Prime-03...
keeps going.
07-03-2014, 04:47 AM
Bacteria - Nasty Germs
Virus - "The Runs" diarrhea is a must
Fungus - Cordyceps
Parasite - Evil Gut Worm
Prion - Mad Derp Disease
Neurax Worm - Evil Brain Slugs
Nanovirus - Killbot 5000
Bio Weapon - Indigo Flame or Bravo Whisky
Necroa Virus (when it comes out) - Solanum
07-03-2014, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 08:05 AM by PAX-1356.)
PAX-12 for it sounds kinda realistic and not so goofy and is a homage to the brilliant release trailer, where the scientist (is that the one who voices the scientists in half-life as well!?) names the virus PAX 12.

I don't like naming your creation after some product or celebrity, although I used my most hated TV channel once for the Neurax Worm...
Ah and if I start a virus in central Africa (Zaire/Kongo, ...) I name it Motaba, as a little homage towards "Outbreak" from 1995.
07-03-2014, 10:55 AM
I didn't realize that trailer existed, happy you mentioned it because it was pretty awesome. I would say the narrator sounds suspiciously like Dr. Kleiner.
07-03-2014, 10:59 AM
(07-03-2014 10:55 AM)Mister_D Wrote:  I didn't realize that trailer existed, happy you mentioned it because it was pretty awesome. I would say the narrator sounds suspiciously like Dr. Kleiner.

Yes, totally!
Could NDEMIC say something regarding this?
The curiosity is killing me!Big Grin
07-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Very relieved reading these names so far.... Nothing we've had to censor yet! You'd be shocked if you could see some names used in-game...

@Mister_Doc - yep, he does sound quite a lot like Dr. Kleiner ... pretty strange Tongue
07-03-2014, 02:46 PM
BACON!.. obviously Tongue