The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game?
08-03-2014, 12:12 AM
RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game?
I like games when they are constantly updated . This aren't only because I know more things are coming, but too 'cause the contact with the developer still is possible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2014, 12:17 AM
Definitely ranking systems, which is something I am highly anticipating for Plague Inc: Evolved competitive play. If Plague could have a ranking system I don't know what I'd do with myself... it would be too amazing. Cooperative play is cool too but competitive and cooperative ranks should be separate in my opinion Smile

I also love being able to unlock new content, which would be cool to have as well, maybe you could even try incorporating it with ranks somehow? Big Grin

The final most influential thing that keeps me coming back to games is community content. Integrating the Steam Workshop would make a big difference for Plague, something I personally can't wait to see.

It would also be really cool to see a story line for Plague I think, it would definitely make single player in this game a bit more immersive Smile

Everything else for me (high scores, beating friends) doesn't matter all too much to me, but it's always nice to have Smile
08-03-2014, 12:39 AM
For me it's always been 2 things.

1. Unlockable content (not just achievements that say congrats you did something).

2. Customization - Like being able to choose ANY outfit and ANY weapon combo for ANY level in an FPS. Also map and level editors, creating your own custom levels and scenarios always draws me back for more.
08-03-2014, 01:34 AM
it seems beating something on mega brutal offers nothing to the game other than the feeling you're bloody good at the game.
perhaps link it in to what you unlock doing them on brutal, the cheats!
Oh how i'd love to have unlimited points as neurax worm, nano virus and others.

More differences between them would be good as it seems the little abilities and neurax worm and the only things making them any different. As mentioned before about unlocking more content, how about unlock content specific.
Virus has the ability to increase random mutation, but other than a gene nothing helps the other which is it's problem. So unlocking that would be one of many ideas.
Unlocking more spores or country specific spores.
On harder difficulties making the neurox worm have it's plans a % chance of not infects a country that doesn't have an airport, which would then need something to unlock to help that or even one that means you use boats to get those pesky islands.
08-03-2014, 05:40 AM
mods!
08-03-2014, 10:09 PM
(07-03-2014 11:21 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  Is it being able to unlock new content?
This is one of the big ones. If you see something super awesome but it's locked, I'm going to play the game and try to fulfill the requirements to unlock that thing. I especially enjoy games that make you unlock things in an order so that the next thing you unlock is better / more awesome than the first. :3

(07-03-2014 11:21 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  Is it to perfect your strategies and get a high score?
This would be a bigger factor for replayability if I actually knew how a score was calculated. I think one of the main factors of score is how long you took to infect and kill the world, but it's still a mystery to me.

(07-03-2014 11:21 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  Is it to beat your friends?
This is a fun one, yes. Being able to rub a higher score into your friend's face is satisfying, but not as much to keep me playing the game after I've beat high scores of my friends.

(07-03-2014 11:21 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  Is it to play new stuff made by a community?
This is probably the biggest thing that makes me keep playing a game. Custom modes, game options, and content made by other people can make people play a game longer. I want to be one that makes lots of custom pathogens and scenarios for the community to enjoy. This is why I suggest a pathogen creator as well as a scenario creator. c:

(07-03-2014 11:21 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  Is it to increase your 'level' on multiplayer (thinking of things like COD, Hearthstone, MMOs here)?
This is kind of a debatable one. If you can unlock new achievements and perks to your profile (Chezzy: Level 1 - Virus Beginner to Chezzy: Level 99 - Total World Controller), that would be cool. You can make it so that besides experience levels (Level 1 to 99 or whatever), you could also have another ranking system that lets you compete against the best. Think about ranked ladders where you can climb up to the best. Something like that. :3
08-03-2014, 11:50 PM
(08-03-2014 05:40 AM)Sam Wrote:  mods!
It's a good topic... Are you all-ok with any mod on game? This is, like minecraft mods, who adds fan-made contents. 'Cause have many devolopers who not accept it. If yes, more motives to stay playing. If no, is an sorry to the fans...
10-03-2014, 03:15 AM
The difficulty keeps me interested. I love games that challenges and rewards me when I succeed. I look forward to see what you guys have in store.
10-03-2014, 04:34 PM
What the others said, in addition to Mod support. This game is just filled with potential, so a deep level of mod support would be greatly appreciated in keeping us coming back. I keep thinking of game types for "viral marketing" and other concepts.

Actually, I know that one group of developers are trying to learn to Command the program to try and Conquer a new mod project that this game has made possible. I'm sure there would be lots of people interested in playing a version of the game about terra-forming the planet with a particular growing green crystalline mineral. Maybe with the right level of mod support we can move this idea from the Red Zone to the Green Zone. After all, it'd be a good Nod to the players to have that level of support, even with some steam Workshop integration. So long as we can change the GUI, GDI and some of the other art, math and text assets, it shouldn't be a problem. Honestly, I Kane hardly wait.
11-03-2014, 07:58 PM
1.Is it being able to unlock new content?
Yes!
2.Is it to perfect your strategies and get a high score?
Yes!!
3.Is it to beat your friends?
No
4.Is it to play new stuff made by a community?
Yes!!!
5.Is it to increase your 'level' on multiplayer (thinking of things like COD, Hearthstone, MMOs here)?
No