The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game?
12-03-2014, 12:17 PM
RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game?
Thanks for all this guys, it's very interesting to hear.

Will be interesting to see how you find the new content, as a lot of people are talking about the stuff that is still to come.

We are still looking at other ways to make people want to come back too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Well, ever since i played the game on my smartphone and then saw it on Steam i wanted to try it again and did so yesterday Smile
Its has a deep strategy center that keeps it interesting as is the drive to unlock all the virus types and experiment with them endlessly Smile
Of course, if u can add even more content then even better, a good idea would be missions like " kill the world in 100 days" or " stay unaware for x days/years" or missions that force u to use a disease type to its full potential would be awsome!

Add to that some random events like a 2nd disease popping up that wants to wipe u out or 1 country getting spontaniously cured and u have alot of exstra replayability.

Keep it up!
21-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Plague Inc RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game?
mods Angel Big Grin
21-03-2014, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2014 01:40 AM by LiquidBa38c.)
(21-03-2014 01:25 AM)Sam Wrote:  mods Angel Big Grin

we need hats! lots of HATS! every virus bubble has to wear one!!! Big Grin
23-03-2014, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 12:43 PM by pathog0b7.)
The biggest draw for me to keep replaying (dammit - every DAY!) is the ability to upgrade. I love all the options and how they have a real and visible impact on your next game. I don't care about multiplayer, playing against friends etc so none of that bothers me, but as a single-player game it has a lot going for it too. Very enjoyable. Not sure I SHOULD be enjoying killing off the planet in many and varied ways, but it IS enjoyable. I should add too that there are interesting differences between the types of disease (for example: a fungus has the ability to release random spores elsewhere in the world). That keeps the game much more interesting.
24-03-2014, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 02:19 AM by Furrydragone74.)
I first ran into a game like this when i played "Pandemic 2" online, which is by now a really old game, but the idea of creating something to destroy humanity just intrigued me, and causing people to get all new kinds of symptoms that over time destroyed them? AWESOME!

There's pointers though, to what i find myself coming back for. and i'll do it in an order of 3, where i'll put the most important one first.

1. Mystery
    Yes, mystery. The unknown in not knowing just how the neurax worm worked, or how i best could create the ultimate Virus. The fact from every different disease you have a new content of some sort. Another way of doing things, but the whole fact that there's something new, something different, and a mystery that shows me something that seem interresting, but at the same time doesn't give me any idea of what it brings with it.

2. Completion/Unable to proceed
    If something isn't completed or im unable to proceed for whatever reason, i will lose interrest because i will have hit this thing that left a "mark" on the experience in playing the game. If i've played for a long time and suddenly hit this thing that might ruin it, it will be fine, but if i hit this thing in the beginning of my playthough, in the beginning of me learning and experiencing the game, it will mean so much that i might not come back to the game because it caused frustration.

3. The thrill/Content
    A bit like number 1, but with a slight difference. It have a direct connection to content because without content, it's impossible.
    Unlocking new things, proceeding forward, getting new stuff.
    I wan't to unlock more types of disease!
    I wan't to unlock mores genes!
    I want more!!!!
    If a game manages to cause this, which i feel your game already does, the longer it can keep this feeling, the longer someone will play the game. And if you play a game a lot, and there's just still more thrills to be had and more content to unlock, the interrest will keep pilling up.

MORE:
Without nr. 1, nr. 3 wouldn't work because there might be more content, but if i don't know it, if i can't see it and think of it, i wont try and get it. and if nr. 2 isn't proper, then i will get frustrated, loose interrest and leave.
nr. 3 is there to keep me playing hours and hours on end.

[EDIT] Beeing able to customize how the menu looks, colours of the disease dots in the game, choosing new pictures that will slide over the icons for the selected country, play on another planet or maybe an interstelar spaceship, all kinds of odd stuff that's custamizable would be awesome to have too, but maybe that's just more ideas
27-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the replies guys - really appreciate it!

Have made a note of all these, definitely a massive help knowing what the players want from a game like Plague Inc: Evolved Smile
19-04-2016, 02:55 AM
As a Canadian, I wholeheartedly love this idea!

(07-03-2014 04:55 PM)LiquidBac Wrote:  What about this:

You start with the usual symptoms, abilities and transmission.
By playing the game you can unlock new ones (ordered by tier level), which you can then swap with the initial ones.
So you can have different builds for different plagues focusing on different regions of the world.

New symptoms etc. have to be more adapted to one specific aspect.
So if you wanted to kill off Canada as fast as possible you would have to pick something like moose transmission and excessive hugging Big Grin (just an example)
03-03-2017, 06:43 AM
I really like to play this game on my smartphone device. Now it provides replaying option which is best for gamers. I don’t have any issue regarding playing with friends or other users but I am interested to play single player game and replay option is best for me anytime.