The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Ideas
07-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Plague Inc Ideas
Well I've got some ideas to tell you..

1- Add a new game type in multiplayer that allows 2 diseases at the same time. Example: Someone is green and the other is red. They have to both evolve their disease to destroy the world.

2- Allow chat in multiplayer so people can tell others what to do.

3- Make each country have research teams (Except the poor ones). Every time you destroy one. The research team dies and then the cure slows down.

4- Instead of pictures in the GUI, turn it into a video that shows what people are doing. Example: If your disease is harmless, the video will show people walking. If your disease is fatal, the video will show people running and dead bodies everywhere.

5- Add new countries to infect! It makes it more realistic.

That's all i've got! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2014, 01:35 PM
RE: Ideas
(07-03-2014 12:22 PM)Death Stal Wrote:  Well I've got some ideas to tell you..

1- Add a new game type in multiplayer that allows 2 diseases at the same time. Example: Someone is green and the other is red. They have to both evolve their disease to destroy the world.

3- Make each country have research teams (Except the poor ones). Every time you destroy one. The research team dies and then the cure slows down.

4- Instead of pictures in the GUI, turn it into a video that shows what people are doing. Example: If your disease is harmless, the video will show people walking. If your disease is fatal, the video will show people running and dead bodies everywhere.

1- A competitive mode I assume? Sure why not, could be interesting!
2- ...and don't forget the "mute" function... just in case Wink
3- Quite sure it is like that already, except poor countries not having any research.
4. Yeah, would be awesome, but think about the resources/time needed to do that.
5. Agreed. We need to be able to destroy DENMARK! Big Grin
07-03-2014, 09:45 PM

5. This is difficult/impossible. Example: Monaco, Netherlands. The gameplay should have a higher priority than realism. Selection of a certain country (especially in Europe) would be more difficult. Furthermore, they would have to update Plague Inc. everytime when a country becomes independent.

But this is just my opinion. Smile
08-03-2014, 07:26 AM
(07-03-2014 09:45 PM)Pandemi Wrote:  

5. This is difficult/impossible. Example: Monaco, Netherlands. The gameplay should have a higher priority than realism. Selection of a certain country (especially in Europe) would be more difficult. Furthermore, they would have to update Plague Inc. everytime when a country becomes independent.

Do you mean its to small to click?

If yes, just zoom into the country and click it. Isn't that simple? Smile
08-03-2014, 01:11 PM
(08-03-2014 07:26 AM)Death Stal Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 09:45 PM)Pandemi Wrote:  

Do you mean its to small to click?

If yes, just zoom into the country and click it. Isn't that simple? Smile

Rolleyes That's why i said that it's my opinion. I don't like to use the zoom without "metabolic hijack" (was that the correct name?) because i don't want to miss any bubbles.

And then the devs would need to give every little country different properties (rich/poor; urban/rural; airport/no airport etc.).

I'm just trying to imagine who this would influence the gameplay.

Btw. Then you would have to separate Alaska from Canada so you have only 2 possibilities:
A) Make Alaska an indipendent country (not realistic)
B) Make Alaska part of USA (realistic but a gameplay catastrophe - Just because someone in the US is infected does not mean that Alaska is also infected)

And you would also need to create the country/continent Antarctica, because there are also humans Tongue
10-03-2014, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014 03:48 PM by Tonto042.)
This trailer would be perfect for the point 4 of yours ideas Big GrinBig Grin
(for all of the situations like "Gouvernement has fallen" "martial law", airports closed,...)

For the point 5 a "Randow World Mode" should be great. A new world with news continents, countries,... randomly generated.
11-03-2014, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 07:52 PM by tau19182.)
a computer virus Special Disease(goes after Necroa)
1.A computer virus escapes a hackers PC
2.It spreads via the Internet
3.It infects Serious Computers,like the Pentagons computer,the Cremlins computer
4.Drag Nuclear missile bubbles to destroy countries/pop reactor bubles,and make Fokusima jealous
5.It would be EPIC
12-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys. A few responses:
  • Computer virus is on the ideas list!
  • Multiplayer that has 2 diseases on the same map - already working on it!
  • Countries have research teams - that can be destroyed! On the country screen, look at the cure bottles in the bottom right. Rich countries have more bottles (to show greater capability) and when the research teams start to die, the bottles will show as smashed. When they are all smashed, no research is going on in that game
13-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Re: Ideas
Extended statistics, showing:
  • Cause of death (Disaster, Total organ failure, ect...)
  • Cause of infection (Birds, infected water)
  • Possibly per country?
13-03-2014, 05:04 PM
(12-03-2014 12:42 PM)NdemicT Wrote:  Thanks for the ideas guys. A few responses:
  • Computer virus is on the ideas list!
  • Multiplayer that has 2 diseases on the same map - already working on it!
  • Countries have research teams - that can be destroyed! On the country screen, look at the cure bottles in the bottom right. Rich countries have more bottles (to show greater capability) and when the research teams start to die, the bottles will show as smashed. When they are all smashed, no research is going on in that game

Sounds great!

I can't wait until Multiplayer is finally out! :3

~Hollow.