The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Random idea. Reverse mode
08-03-2014, 12:48 AM
Lightbulb Random idea. Reverse mode
Pretty self explanatory. Catch the disease.

you pick a country. you are that country.

The player has to find the disease and cure it without causing panic within their country.

replace the evolution tree's with a policy tree. Replacing abilities with research, transmission with Containment and symptoms with treatment. or something along those lines. Instead of DNA you get money ect ect.

How I imagine this would work is that there are a few ways you can deal with the disease. cure it, isolate yourself from it or try to take over the word and blow up any infected area or country.

Its possible it could have multiple plagues in one game and you have to prioritise plagues in the research deadliest one first.

It could actually be another plague where you spread your political influence like you would with any other disease until you assume direct control (heh heh heh) of the world and nuke the plague (or plagues) out of existence.

Would probably translate well in multilayer. Especially in a co op one you could have the "Diplomat" as we'll refer to it trying to divert the gaze of the world away from your team mate and on to someone else or just more political matters allowing your friend to go unseen.

Any thoughts on this? it kinda developed as I typed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2014, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2014 05:43 AM by Sa16a.)
RE: Random idea. Reverse mode
that seems like a thing that would be a mod. awesome idea
17-03-2014, 11:55 AM
That could also make a very cool VS mode.

One player playing as the world governments and the other playing as the plague.
17-03-2014, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2014 01:51 PM by tau19182.)
(08-03-2014 12:48 AM)KingS7ay Wrote:  Pretty self explanatory. Catch the disease.

The player has to find the disease and cure it without causing panic within their country.

replace the evolution tree's with a policy tree. Replacing abilities with research, transmission with Containment and symptoms with treatment. or something along those lines. Instead of DNA you get money ect ect.

How I imagine this would work is that there are a few ways you can deal with the disease. cure it, isolate yourself from it or try to take over the word and blow up any infected area or country.

Its possible it could have multiple plagues in one game and you have to prioritise plagues in the research deadliest one first.

It could actually be another plague where you spread your political influence like you would with any other disease until you assume direct control (heh heh heh) of the world and nuke the plague (or plagues) out of existence.

Would probably translate well in multilayer. Especially in a co op one you could have the "Diplomat" as we'll refer to it trying to divert the gaze of the world away from your team mate and on to someone else or just more political matters allowing your friend to go unseen.

Actually the TOP-5 best ideas ever...Of course It has to be polished and upgraded...
A special button in the menu switches it from the Plague menu to a Anti-plague menu...There are as many types as Anti-plague ops as diseases...I would like to play for the Z-Com)

(17-03-2014 01:49 PM)tau199 Wrote:  
(08-03-2014 12:48 AM)KingS7ay Wrote:  Pretty self explanatory. Catch the disease.

Actually the TOP-5 best ideas ever...Of course It has to be polished and upgraded...
A special button in the menu switches it from the Plague menu to a Anti-plague menu...There are as many types of Anti-plague ops as diseases...I would like to play for the Z-Com)
18-03-2014, 08:33 AM
I quite liked the idea and it gives you a view of the game from the other perspective. Its made easier from how well you know each disease and what it tries to do.

You can use your knowledge of destroying the world to save it.

but of course "save" is perspective. Maybe you just want to cure the disease or maybe you want to rule the world as the price for saving the world.

Its a fun option and you could use z-com like trojan planes. Its gunna need a bit of work to make perfect but the idea is good.