The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Thread Closed 
Send us your city images! UPDATE: COMPLETE!
07-04-2014, 10:09 AM
RE: Do you have a city cam image that we can use in the game?
Hi all again.

Firstly thanks for all your efforts on the photos - we do appreciate it all. I should state we're looking for your photos. Thanks if you've searched for images online and posted them, but as we have to check the copyright of the images, we often can't use such found images. It is where you take the photo yourself that it can help the most! We need the right to be able to modify it and use it in the game, which is why we're after images on Flickr with the Creation Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic Licence (not the ShareAlike version!). Basically if we can't verify it's copyright status, then sadly we can't use it.

I thought it might be a help to re-post some advice from my earlier post on what we're looking for:
  • We need them to have the space in so that we can add the stages of destruction; so if there are too many people or vehicles in, then removing them leaves too many holes in the image.
  • The horizon needs to be mid-frame so there is space above and below it for us to add things to the game.
  • Ideally they are images of iconic places in that location. So that players get a feel for the place and that as a city.
  • Needs to be a clear daytime image.
  • Needs to have a level horizon, so images where there is an angle to the image, it makes it harder to add the stages of destruction and decay...
  • To be shot at a level angle looking forwards, so not looking down or up onto the location.

The list of locations we need has also been updated as we find images we can use. It is now:
  • Finland
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Japan
  • Kazakhstan
  • Korea
  • Libya
  • Madagascar
  • Middle_East
  • Morocco
  • New Guinea
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Pakistan
  • Peru
  • Philippines
  • South East Asia
  • Saudi Arabia
  • South Africa
  • Spain
  • Sudan
  • Sweden
  • Turkey
  • West Africa
  • Zimbabwe

Finally if you're wondering if we've used an image posted - a couple posted here we have started work on, but as there is a number of stages to go though, I can't give a 100% answer if it is in the game, but will post when we know for certain. All images used will be credited in the game.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Send us your city images! - PiekarzPL - 27-03-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: Send us your city images! - NdemicTom - 27-03-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: Send us your city images! - Abetus - 27-03-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: Do you have a city cam image that we can use in the game? - NdemicTechSupport - 07-04-2014 10:09 AM