The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Plague Ideas
28-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Plague Ideas
Just tossing an idea out there. Would it be possible to make a plague along the lines of 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' where the invading organism's goal is to make a copy of it's host and then kill the original. Could use expanding symptoms like 'Simulacrum I - Your host copies appear more human and are harder to tell apart from the noninfected.' This could be upgraded to 'Simulacrum II.' Could have a talent like 'Memory absorbtion - Your disease is able to absorb some of the memories of its host lessening chances of discovery.' You could possibly adapt the zombie hoard mechanic to a lesser scale to make 'Migrate Replicants - Moves a group of copies into a new area to begin infecting others.'
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2014, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 04:40 PM by arc_zec65.)
RE: Plague Ideas
Seems I beat you to it Wink

Your idea is somewhat more fleshed out... me like.
28-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Yeah you definitely got there first. I figured someone had with a forum this big. I like several of your ideas in your post as well. Your virus from the deep ocean reminded me of the virus from the film 'Leviathan' where the pathogen is a DNA amalgamating thing which turns the infected into fishlike monsters. Smile
29-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Hmmm...

Haven't seen that one yet. What you describe does have a certain Lovecraftian theme, so I'll definitely go check it out.