The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Suggestion for a free demo
27-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Suggestion for a free demo
Hi guys,

I'm not posting this in the 'official' suggestions thread as this does not have anything to do with gameplay.

As I mentioned in another thread, it might be worthwhile to create a free demo so that prospective buyers can try out the gameplay before buying, to how shall I put this... alleviate any reservations about spending money on a game you have no experience with?

In my experience at least, I'm always happier to spend money on a game (especially an early access one), when I have played a demo, even if the demo is severely limited in what it allows you to do.

Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2014, 09:10 PM
RE: Suggestion for a free demo
Ehh, it might be a good idea, but I can see falls. If they do it, it might lead to an easier crack if they don't program a whole new game. But I think it might be a good idea to bring in potential buyers. If they do make one, it could be bacteria and maybe virus with a few modifiers. It's all up to the great Ndemic to decide though,
28-03-2014, 06:30 AM
I agree with this, but maybe not now in Early Access as there are more important things to be looking at. I'm thinking the tutorial should just have access to Bacteria and restrict demo users from using high scores, etc.
29-03-2014, 03:41 AM
I definitely agree with Buddhano's reply. They should focus more on the content instead of making a demo of the game which is still in its early access stage.