The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Smallpox on brutal is impossible
19-06-2014, 01:10 AM
Plague Inc Smallpox on brutal is impossible
Even with both upgrades into White Pox, every country goes into overdrive researching the cure, and it's at 50% before Greenland can even be infected and goes up more than 1% per day. I've beaten everything else on mega brutal but this is literally impossible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2014, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2014 02:37 AM by tawras235.)
RE: Smallpox on brutal is impossible
http://forum.ndemiccreations.com/showthr...629&page=2
Its totally possible.
Got it on my second attempt. You do need to react to changes in the game a little, but the guide does work.
Happy hunting!
Here you go:

Btw, how did you get black death & nipah? I'm struggling with those two, only managed two bios.
19-06-2014, 03:49 AM
Thank you.

Black Death, I can't remember off the top of my head. For Nipah, I mainly focused on zoonosis, as it increases mutation rate, which helps compensate for genetic drift. I devolved any lethal symptoms until the disease was noticed. You want to focus on the neural symptoms, as the zoonotic upgrades will handle infection, while neural symptoms slow down cure development. You also want environmental hardening for reaching Greenland. For genes, I'd recommend metabolic jump, aquacyte, trans-stasis, genetic mimic, and hydrophile.
19-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Smallpox is the hardest, but it is doable!
19-06-2014, 09:06 PM
Well, I've managed two biohazards so far. Cure is always at 80-90%. Will try to refine my strategy.

I didn't manage it originally without white pox, so I tried it with white pox, but I've begun avoiding it again.
19-06-2014, 11:12 PM
For the PC version is a very helpful tool available which offers more DNA. So if nothing helps...
20-06-2014, 12:48 AM
I have the mobile version, I'm considering getting the PC version though.
20-06-2014, 01:51 AM
I cant figure out smallpox.. I start it.. I get 3 to 5 people infected and then theyre suddenly cured, and I have done nothing. Cant do anything either cause have no dna points.. Im lost on this one
20-06-2014, 03:46 AM
(20-06-2014 01:51 AM)LordVampy Wrote:  I cant figure out smallpox.. I start it.. I get 3 to 5 people infected and then theyre suddenly cured, and I have done nothing. Cant do anything either cause have no dna points.. Im lost on this one
You should have at least 10 DNA points by the time vaccines are used. Get the vaccine shield as soon as you can if it's an issue - I usually get droplets II first.
20-06-2014, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2014 02:31 PM by PlagueIncaf5.)
(20-06-2014 01:51 AM)LordVampy Wrote:  I cant figure out smallpox.. I start it.. I get 3 to 5 people infected and then theyre suddenly cured, and I have done nothing. Cant do anything either cause have no dna points.. Im lost on this one

http://icspicy.blogspot.com/2014/06/plag...utal3.html

It is solved.

(19-06-2014 01:10 AM)A Gu Wrote:  Even with both upgrades into White Pox, every country goes into overdrive researching the cure, and it's at 50% before Greenland can even be infected and goes up more than 1% per day. I've beaten everything else on mega brutal but this is literally impossible.

It is solved.

(19-06-2014 01:10 AM)A Gu Wrote:  Even with both upgrades into White Pox, every country goes into overdrive researching the cure, and it's at 50% before Greenland can even be infected and goes up more than 1% per day. I've beaten everything else on mega brutal but this is literally impossible.

It is solved.