The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Necroa-Virus problem
21-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Necroa-Virus problem
Hello everyone im dango and im playing PIE for quite some time now.

I seem to have some sort of problem with the Necroa-Virus plague type since everytime i focus on lethality/going almost straight to zombies i can never reach all the island while going for transimission im most likely going to get mutations every couple of days and since it costs alot for necroa to stop development im feeling kinda trapped.

Is there some sort of startegy im missing? Is there anything i need to watch out for.

Im kinda helpless, ive tried to beat Necroa atleast 10-20 times on normal or casual but for some reason its not a walk in the park like the earlier plague types.

Kudos to those who help :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2014, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2014 08:33 PM by A Gu088.)
RE: Necroa-Virus problem
The governments will react much harder to the Necroa virus than other viruses, so you will more than likely not infect every country - I wouldn't bother unless you're going for the Not Another Zombie Game achievement. To get islands you missed, evolve and use the Horde Movement ability, in the Abilities section - place it on a country with some zombies you want to move, and when the icon pops up, drag it to a country you want to attack.
19-07-2014, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2014 11:50 PM by Endemic Misantc28.)
I'm having a different kind of problem with Necroa virus. From everything I've read, getting Blood 2 and Air 2 unlocks Air 3, but that's not happening for me, and it's starting to become frustrating. The Plague Inc. Wiki only has the Neurax Worm version of Air 3, and has no info at all on the Necroa version. Is there anything else I need?
21-07-2014, 03:11 AM
(19-07-2014 11:33 PM)Endemic Misanth Wrote:  I'm having a different kind of problem with Necroa virus. From everything I've read, getting Blood 2 and Air 2 unlocks Air 3, but that's not happening for me, and it's starting to become frustrating. The Plague Inc. Wiki only has the Neurax Worm version of Air 3, and has no info at all on the Necroa version. Is there anything else I need?

You need to evolve cythopathic reanimation, AKA Zombie Mode Begins Now. I don't know where you read that you just need Blood 2 and Air 2 but even though it's true that you need them, they were wrong to not mention cythopathic reanimation.
15-08-2014, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 04:34 AM by Luler1a0.)
If you still having troubles, this is how I do it:

15-08-2014, 06:44 AM
In the begining, just evolve 3 infection ways, no more. Then, wait.

When the cure is close to being release, evolve the Zombie sympthom, improve the zombie a little, and evolve the Horde ability. Try to evolve the entire Horde tree.

Then, just wait to the zombies to destroy countries, then use the orde to infect other countries or destroy faster countries with a low amount of zombies. With the right ability, the zombies can swim, that make this disease realy easy, even in Mega-Brutal.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english.
15-08-2014, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2014 11:44 PM by Luler1a0.)
Hi GonDragon, just to make sure, what do you mean by "3 infection ways"? Also, "really easy, even in Mega-Brutal"? You make me feel like a newb Big Grin

Anyway, another video to illustrate the same strategy I used in the previous one, but starting from ... Zimbabwe this time. Only reason was the challenge, but the end-game turned out to be good practice and should help anyone having troubles to deal with ZCom. In the previous video I handled this part poorly but had so much DNA it didn't matter. This one, too, features a lot of annotations to explain what's going on and the purpose of my choices. As you'd expect though, it starts slow, I blame Zimbabwe, and gets more fun toward the end. Enjoy!

I can certainly improve on that, please let me know what you think!
16-08-2014, 02:47 AM
Well, i'm not very good at speaking english xD with 3 ways I mean like "Zoonotic Shift, Blood 1 and Air 1"... But, well... Searching in Steam, i found a guide that follow more or alike the steps that i follow when play with the Necroa Virus.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=286402009

If you follow this guide, you're going to see that the Necroa Virus is really easy, even in Mega-Brutal difficult.
19-08-2014, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2014 10:17 PM by PlagueIncaf5.)
Wink RE: Necroa-Virus problem
(21-06-2014 07:24 PM)Dang Wrote:  Hello everyone im dango and im playing PIE for quite some time now.

I seem to have some sort of problem with the Necroa-Virus plague type since everytime i focus on lethality/going almost straight to zombies i can never reach all the island while going for transimission im most likely going to get mutations every couple of days and since it costs alot for necroa to stop development im feeling kinda trapped.

Is there some sort of startegy im missing? Is there anything i need to watch out for.

Im kinda helpless, ive tried to beat Necroa atleast 10-20 times on normal or casual but for some reason its not a walk in the park like the earlier plague types.

Kudos to those who help Smile

Zombie Horde always helps.

(21-06-2014 07:24 PM)Dang Wrote:  Hello everyone im dango and im playing PIE for quite some time now.

Kudos to those who help Smile

Zombie Horde always helps.