The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

[Suggestion] Anti-Bot mechanism
22-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Exclamation [Suggestion] Anti-Bot mechanism
We all loving infect all people, but here on forums we can be only the CDC.
And by this I mean that bots, which are infecting this forum, are so annoying, that many people here are nearly mad about them (I'm one of these Tongue), so Ndemic Creations, please do something with that.

PS: All bots here are clever enough to bypass security question, so I'm afraid it will be more of these Sad

This link should help:
http://mybbgroup.com/mybb-bots-bot-preve...-and-tips/

And thanks for eventual response Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: [Suggestion] Anti-Bot mechanism
bump (another spam found) Wink
17-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Bump.
This is getting serious guys if I can see fellow players asking about spam bursts on this forum in bug reporting thread...
06-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Bumping again.
Ok. Situation is now very serious...
06-09-2014, 05:32 PM
(06-09-2014 04:02 PM)ManganM Wrote:  Bumping again.
Ok. Situation is now very serious...

I agree
06-09-2014, 10:28 PM
We have several anti-bot and anti-spam measures in place but those are real people spamming.
Don't worry, I am banning them from time to time (including IP addresses and ranges of IP addresses).
Do keep reporting them though - this ensures I won't miss an old post. Thanks! Smile
06-09-2014, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 10:43 PM by PlagueIncaf5.)
(06-09-2014 10:28 PM)NdemicMar Wrote:  We have several anti-bot and anti-spam measures in place but those are real people spamming.
Don't worry, I am banning them from time to time (including IP addresses and ranges of IP addresses).
Do keep reporting them though - this ensures I won't miss an old post. Thanks! Smile

Is it the same person?
08-09-2014, 03:53 PM
(06-09-2014 10:28 PM)NdemicMar Wrote:  We have several anti-bot and anti-spam measures in place but those are real people spamming.
You too for answering the reports Big Grin

(06-09-2014 10:43 PM)PlagueIncF Wrote:  Is it the same person?
I hope not. Wink
10-09-2014, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 01:58 AM by PlagueIncaf5.)
(08-09-2014 03:53 PM)ManganM Wrote:  

I hope not. Wink

I just of gotten used to it Wink It seems to happen on every forum. Just ignore it as usually the advertisement is obvious. If they see views that will just encourage them so don't click on their advertisement page on the forum. They can tell how many views the forum is getting and seeing hundreds will most likely encourage them as I said before.
10-09-2014, 09:35 AM
(10-09-2014 01:57 AM)PlagueIncF Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 03:53 PM)ManganM Wrote:  

I hope not. Wink

I just of gotten used to it Wink It seems to happen on every forum. Just ignore it as usually the advertisement is obvious. If they see views that will just encourage them so don't click on their advertisement page on the forum. They can tell how many views the forum is getting and seeing hundreds will most likely encourage them as I said before.

Luckily we're on the forum every day so we're trying our best to shut them down before it annoys too many people Tongue It's still quite annoying but don't worry - we're fighting back Big Grin