The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Tooltip Options.
23-06-2014, 07:35 AM
Tooltip Options.
Heya there, I was wondering if in the future updates if you could seperate "tooltips" and "Updates" in game as two separate features that could be toggled on/off?

For instance, in later playthroughs, I don't want the tooltips that tell me how to play or what to click anymore. However, I still want the tooltips that let me know about world events and changes to the world.

At the moment, the only setting is all tooltips on, and all tooltips off.

Any chance of splitting them up into two different options?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2014, 09:17 AM
RE: Tooltip Options.
You are talking about the pop ups in game, right?

I do second this. I actually wanted to post about this myself *gg*
Like Mulletking said: The first time you play, it certainly helps to have a pop up tell you that you need to burst the red/orange/blue bubbles and that your plague needs to evolve or has evolved or has infected another country and all. But after playing a couple of times, you KNOW that. However, it is still interesting to see when your plague is more infectious than the common cold and all that.

Either separate the 'beginner' or 'turorial' tips from the others or - even more advanced - allow users to choose on the pop up if they want to see this one again or not. Smile
24-06-2014, 11:46 PM
(23-06-2014 09:17 AM)Amancha Wrote:  You are talking about the pop ups in game, right?

I do second this. I actually wanted to post about this myself *gg*
Like Mulletking said: The first time you play, it certainly helps to have a pop up tell you that you need to burst the red/orange/blue bubbles and that your plague needs to evolve or has evolved or has infected another country and all. But after playing a couple of times, you KNOW that. However, it is still interesting to see when your plague is more infectious than the common cold and all that.

Either separate the 'beginner' or 'turorial' tips from the others or - even more advanced - allow users to choose on the pop up if they want to see this one again or not. Smile

Exactly this.

"How to play" tooltips need to be separated from "World Event" tooltips.
25-06-2014, 11:07 AM
What happens when you turn off "extra pop ups" in the options menu? This should remove all "TIP" pop ups, but keep world event ones.
26-06-2014, 11:55 AM
Not really. That also switches off the information when your plague is more infectious than smallpox, common cold and such.
Basically you have two types of tool tips, all triggered on/off at once.

1.) tutorial-tool tips e.g. pop the red bubbles/orange bubbles for DNA, info that your plague has infected hundreds/thousands or is spreading to a new country
--> Those are nice for the first round of games, but if you have been playing a few times, they are entirely useless.

2.) informational tool tips e.g. Killed more than X, infected more people than Y, More infectious than ... and so on.
--> those are maybe still interesting to some, even after playing for a long time, but those go with the tutorial ones.

I'm sure that some players don't want the latter, either, but for those who like to know when their little plague outdid a real-life one, it would be nice to be able to keep them.
27-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I understand the intermediate option you are after now!
27-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Glad I could clarify Smile