The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Game wont start
23-02-2019, 01:24 AM
Game wont start
I used to be able to play this game on the computer i'm using, but now every time i try to start the game it doesn't start. The error message is

Switching to resolution 0x0 failed, trying lower one
All resolution switches have failed
Screen: could not switch resolution (1600x900 fs=1 hz=0)

Any help?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2019, 11:56 AM
RE: Game wont start
(23-02-2019 01:24 AM)Frod_ Wrote:  I used to be able to play this game on the computer i'm using, but now every time i try to start the game it doesn't start. The error message is

Any help?

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like the options file may be corrupted. What we'd suggest if to turn off cloud syncing. To do this right-click on Plague Inc: Evolved in the Steam Library, select Properties then Updates and un-tick the cloud update box at the bottom. Then open the folder with the game (select Local Files then and Browse Local Files...) delete everything in there. Then check the integrity of the game files (Local Files then Verify Integrity of the Game Files). Hope this helps!
24-02-2019, 11:11 PM
(23-02-2019 11:56 AM)NdemicTechSup Wrote:  
(23-02-2019 01:24 AM)Frod_ Wrote:  I used to be able to play this game on the computer i'm using, but now every time i try to start the game it doesn't start. The error message is

Any help?

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like the options file may be corrupted. What we'd suggest if to turn off cloud syncing. To do this right-click on Plague Inc: Evolved in the Steam Library, select Properties then Updates and un-tick the cloud update box at the bottom. Then open the folder with the game (select Local Files then and Browse Local Files...) delete everything in there. Then check the integrity of the game files (Local Files then Verify Integrity of the Game Files). Hope this helps!

I tried this and it still doesnt work, any other suggestions?
27-02-2019, 11:08 AM
(24-02-2019 11:11 PM)Frod_ Wrote:  I tried this and it still doesnt work, any other suggestions?

Ah, ok. There's a big list of common fixes here, I suspect one of these would help...

Thanks Smile