The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Mongolia is NOT Part of China!!!
11-03-2014, 04:02 PM
RE: Mongolia is NOT Part of China!!!
Well,
if the country is accessible/observable from the max. zoomed-out perspective, I'd say add it. If it would be necessary to zoom in to observe/manage it - forget about it.

It really is not a big deal after all, I'd hope...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2014, 05:33 PM
(11-03-2014 04:02 PM)PAX-1 Wrote:  Well,
if the country is accessible/observable from the max. zoomed-out perspective, I'd say add it. If it would be necessary to zoom in to observe/manage it - forget about it.

And i bet there would be some guys arguing about the visibility of Monaco Dodgy
Anyway, this would be a good standart for the countries. Smile
11-03-2014, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 08:57 PM by Hollo48d.)

If you can click Caribbean, New Zealand, Phillipines, New-Guinea and Korea, the most well-hidden country on the map, you can click the Netherlands, it's a coast country aswell, can't miss it.

Unlike these countries which are perfectly clickable when zoomed out fully, it is not the size of Andorra.

~Hollow.
11-03-2014, 09:12 PM
(11-03-2014 08:56 PM)Hollo Wrote:  

If you can click Caribbean, New Zealand, Phillipines, New-Guinea and Korea, the most well-hidden country on the map, you can click the Netherlands, it's a coast country aswell, can't miss it.

Unlike these countries which are perfectly clickable when zoomed out fully, it is not the size of Andorra.

~Hollow.

Dodgy Touché
11-03-2014, 09:54 PM
(11-03-2014 08:56 PM)Hollo Wrote:  

~Hollow.
So?
Like I said earlier: If clickable, make it happen. If not, let it be...
12-03-2014, 02:28 AM
The map does seem oddly scaled but maybe that's because I've been playing a lot of Crusader Kings and EU IV. On that note it be interesting if the game was reworked so that diseases spread on a province to province level in a CKII style map.
12-03-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm afraid this was done purely for gameplay reasons. We couldn't show every country individually on the map as it would be very difficult to click on lots of smaller countries, and we didn't want to overwhelm the player. It wasn't easy to select which countries to put together, but we felt we had to do this from a gameplay point of view.

Absolutely no offence is meant here, I hope you understand Smile
12-03-2014, 03:45 PM
(12-03-2014 12:26 PM)NdemicT Wrote:  I'm afraid this was done purely for gameplay reasons. We couldn't show every country individually on the map as it would be very difficult to click on lots of smaller countries, and we didn't want to overwhelm the player. It wasn't easy to select which countries to put together, but we felt we had to do this from a gameplay point of view.

but mongolia is big..)
12-03-2014, 05:18 PM
(12-03-2014 03:45 PM)tau199 Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 12:26 PM)NdemicT Wrote:  I'm afraid this was done purely for gameplay reasons. We couldn't show every country individually on the map as it would be very difficult to click on lots of smaller countries, and we didn't want to overwhelm the player. It wasn't easy to select which countries to put together, but we felt we had to do this from a gameplay point of view.

but mongolia is big..)

Yeah, that country is big enough to be splited from Chine like as Kazakhstan. There is almost no difference between land sizes... ALMOST