The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Chinese Nuclear Retaliation
26-07-2014, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2014 08:02 AM by spikemana1e.)
Chinese Nuclear Retaliation
How can I get this achievement, because every time I've tried to get it, i failed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2014, 09:11 AM
RE: Chinese Nuclear Retaliation
Not exactly sure, but I think You have to start in the USA and when it says that the president is infected, evolve bird transmission 1 and 2.
26-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Failed in what way?
Did the plague get cured, did you just never get the message that the president has been taken ill? Do you know the necessary steps to try it?

I am currently trying to get the same achievement and it seems pretty much impossible without a cheat, as far as I can tell. But I'll just keep trying. Maybe one day the odds are in my favour and I will actually manage it.
26-07-2014, 02:53 PM
(26-07-2014 10:10 AM)Amancha Wrote:  Failed in what way?
Did the plague get cured, did you just never get the message that the president has been taken ill? Do you know the necessary steps to try it?

I am currently trying to get the same achievement and it seems pretty much impossible without a cheat, as far as I can tell. But I'll just keep trying. Maybe one day the odds are in my favour and I will actually manage it.

By the time the president get ill the cure is always in the 30%-20% left area
26-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Does any one have any idea for this achievement!?!?!
26-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Start in any cold country (Russia). This event is triggered by the Cold Resistance 1 and Cold Resistance 2 abilities.

Evolve Drug Resistance 1 2, Bird 1 and 2 (makes Spalin nuke China)

Infect everyone. Evolve one or two symptoms (i.e. Insomnia, Paranoia, Rash, Sweating) to garner bonus DNA points from infection bubbles. Don't let any lethal symptoms mutate.

Add Seizures and Internal Haemorrhaging (Anaemia>Haemophilia>Internal Haemorrhaging) symptoms and watch USA population. This is random, but when 10-30% of the population is dead, the president should become ill. It can be earlier or later, but if one doesn't have it by 35%, they should quit and restart.

Evolve the symptom Insanity. A popup will appear saying that "Spalin has been elected instead of the Vice President. Insanity!" Players may devolve Insanity now.

As the population of the US decreases, one should keep devolving mutated lethal symptoms. Don't worry about non-lethal symptoms. Sooner or later, the player will get a notice that Spalin has accused China of releasing the plague as a bioweapon. One must then evolve the Paralysis symptom to keep the army from stopping her.

Then, the USA will nuke China, killing its entire population, and the player will earn the achievement.

If that's the strat you did and you failed, I got nothing.
26-07-2014, 05:43 PM
(26-07-2014 04:33 PM)helix-foss Wrote:  Start in any cold country (Russia). This event is triggered by the Cold Resistance 1 and Cold Resistance 2 abilities.

Infect everyone. Evolve one or two symptoms (i.e. Insomnia, Paranoia, Rash, Sweating) to garner bonus DNA points from infection bubbles. Don't let any lethal symptoms mutate.

Add Seizures and Internal Haemorrhaging (Anaemia>Haemophilia>Internal Haemorrhaging) symptoms and watch USA population. This is random, but when 10-30% of the population is dead, the president should become ill. It can be earlier or later, but if one doesn't have it by 35%, they should quit and restart.

Evolve the symptom Insanity. A popup will appear saying that "Spalin has been elected instead of the Vice President. Insanity!" Players may devolve Insanity now.

As the population of the US decreases, one should keep devolving mutated lethal symptoms. Don't worry about non-lethal symptoms. Sooner or later, the player will get a notice that Spalin has accused China of releasing the plague as a bioweapon. One must then evolve the Paralysis symptom to keep the army from stopping her.

Then, the USA will nuke China, killing its entire population, and the player will earn the achievement.

What genes do you recommend?
26-07-2014, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2014 08:57 AM by spikemana1e.)
I got it! The fungus mega brutal guide helped me. Follow the guide until it says usa president ill. When hes I'll stop killing super fast with necrosis. I suggest you try to get all 3 genetic reshuffles after getting coma and insanity. I also recommended fitting some genetic hardening if possible, don't need it but is recommended. If you do all this with the fungus guide, you can even get 5/5 stars, 91% cure, and 636 days.

The link to the icspicy guide is in the notepad, sense the link wouldn't work otherwise.

Attached File(s)
.txt  Guide link.txt (Size: 76 bytes / Downloads: 8)
27-07-2014, 08:58 AM
(26-07-2014 04:33 PM)helix-foss Wrote:  Start in any cold country (Russia). This event is triggered by the Cold Resistance 1 and Cold Resistance 2 abilities.

I just realized my problem. I was trying to do Chinese Nuclear Retaliation with the same guide for Russian Nuclear Retaliation. I thought they were the same, apparently not.