The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

How to get my unlocked progress back, after resetting Phone
02-11-2014, 07:15 PM
How to get my unlocked progress back, after resetting Phone
Hi guys!
I'm new to these forums and using the search function with "savegame" and "progress" didn't work out for my question.

First off all, I'm using a Samsung galaxy S4 and I bought the full version (1€) on the Amazon Appstore.
By playing I unlocked all plagues + Neurax, Necroa and cheats.
Now I want to reset my phone and I'm afraid that I won't be able to play these unlocks after reinstalling the App because I didn't buy them.

So my first question is: Is that so?
and the second: How can I circumvent this?

I really need to reset my phone but I'm afraid that I won't play the game again if I have to unlock everything again.. and again and again and again with the next resets.

I hope you can help me.
have a nice day and thanks for all answers in advance!
Guppy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2014, 12:40 PM
RE: How to get my unlocked progress back, after resetting Phone
(02-11-2014 07:15 PM)gupp Wrote:  Hi guys!
I'm new to these forums and using the search function with "savegame" and "progress" didn't work out for my question.

First off all, I'm using a Samsung galaxy S4 and I bought the full version (1€) on the Amazon Appstore.
Now I want to reset my phone and I'm afraid that I won't be able to play these unlocks after reinstalling the App because I didn't buy them.

I really need to reset my phone but I'm afraid that I won't play the game again if I have to unlock everything again.. and again and again and again with the next resets.

I hope you can help me.
Guppy

Hello there!

To save your progress, please play a game until the end while you are connected to a WiFi network and to Google+ on your old device. After this, please press the Restore Progress button in the settings on your new device while also logged in to Google+ so you can restore.

Let us know if it worked!
14-11-2014, 06:30 PM
(13-11-2014 12:40 PM)AndroidTechSup Wrote:  Hello there!

To save your progress, please play a game until the end while you are connected to a WiFi network and to Google+ on your old device. After this, please press the Restore Progress button in the settings on your new device while also logged in to Google+ so you can restore.

Huhu,

thank you for your answer. But let me clarify 2 things. First, it is infact the same device, because I want to reset my phone and delete EVERYTHING on it. So I guess I won't be able to test if it worked, unless I give it a trial & error try.
Second, I bought it on Amazon, so I can't log into Google+ ingame. Amazon has some other sort of Gaming Register thing, I didn't really read trough all of it. Will it work with this one too? I'm logged in in Google + on the device itself, but as I said, not ingame.

Will it work anyways?
Is there any kind of Success message if it successfully backed the progress? Currently I press the button and get no feedback at all. It simply does nothing to tell me if anything happend.

Have a nice day!
25-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Is noone able to give me an answer to this Amazon-related question? :o
27-11-2014, 04:56 PM
(25-11-2014 07:42 PM)gupp Wrote:  Is noone able to give me an answer to this Amazon-related question? :o

I'm sorry for the delay guppy.

Unfortunately, restoring progress with the Amazon version doesn't work.

Games for Google have to work on Amazon, but different platforms have different cloud services and save games.

Sorry for the bad news.
12-12-2014, 09:02 PM
(27-11-2014 04:56 PM)AndroidTechSup Wrote:  
(25-11-2014 07:42 PM)gupp Wrote:  Is noone able to give me an answer to this Amazon-related question? :o

I'm sorry for the delay guppy.

Unfortunately, restoring progress with the Amazon version doesn't work.

Games for Google have to work on Amazon, but different platforms have different cloud services and save games.

Sorry for the bad news.

Aww, that's too bad. Thanks for your answer anyways!

But it would be really nice to export my savegame to the Computer oder SD Card and import it later. I would login with the same credentials of course.
It's rather sad, if not to say frustrating, if you have to play trough everything again after resetting the phone.
22-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Hey guys,

good news:
I resetted my phone and installed the App via Amazon Store again, accepting that all progress might be gone. But magically it didn't! Everything was still unlocked and I didn't have to replay the whole game.

So thanks for the support here and keep up running such a great game!

cYa
Guppy
20-04-2015, 01:44 PM
Hi,

Sry to hi-jack, but just saw this thread and you might be able to help me.

I have the Google Play version of Plague Inc. and when I sign in, after having gotten a new phone, I can't restore neither my progress NOR my purchases.
When I try to restore progress it just says unexpected network error (code 2002) and when I try to restore purchases, it just blinks a few times and nothing happens.
I am logged in to my Google+ account and I have even tried reinstalling the game from Google Play.

Is there something you can do?
I wouldn't mind having to play the game again, but not to be able to access my purchases, that's just plain unfair.

Best wishes,
Rasmus M. J. Jakobsen
01-02-2016, 10:28 PM
(13-11-2014 12:40 PM)AndroidTechSup Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 07:15 PM)gupp Wrote:  Hi guys!

I hope you can help me.
Guppy

Hello there!

Hi, I'm sorry if I shouldn't be bumping an old thread, but I've tried this method to restore my progress and it's simply not working.

I am signed into the same Google+ account on both the old device and new device, the old device updated the account with achievements etc...

I logged into the account on my new device, selected "restore progress", but nothing happens.

Can you help?