The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Where to start the game?
04-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Lightbulb Where to start the game?
Note: this is only my opinion based on games I've played and games others played and I've watched them while playing and not based on calculations etc.

Good starting countries have ports, airports (commonly used) or good neighbours for infecting the world. The starting country can tell about the entire game much: which islands, countries you infect last; cold/heat resistances do you need to evolve etc.
I think, that the best starting country is Saudi Arabia (islands you get at the beginning: Iceland, New Zealand, Madagascar, last: Greenland)
Other good starting countries are:
China (last: Carribean, you have to evolve both cold and heat res. to resist, almost 1,5 billion people)
Brazil
Indonesia
India
Russia( you need heat II to resist ag. Hot cl.)
Kazachstan (Russia+China)
Egypt
South Africa
Less good, but still good:
Argentina
S.E.Asia
C. America
USA
Canada
UK
France
Spain
Australia
Iceland
New Zealand
Mexico
Japan
Italy

If you begin in wealthy country, you infect others more slowly. (Wealthy countries are not good for beginning)
Worst countries to begin:
Central Europe is one of the worst places to start (rich, no ports/airports, rich neighbours,cold)
Greenland[/size]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 11:20 PM
RE: Where to start the game?
Saudi Arabia FTW :-) It's centrally located, has great air and sea links, and it's not wealthy.
07-04-2015, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 03:51 PM by n7maf729.)
How can Saudi Arabia becno wealthy?
By the way, India is my weapon of choice. Third world FTW.
20-05-2015, 12:40 PM
I typically start in Saudi Arabia, Greenland, or Russia.
With Greenland its a much slower process, but I usually get my best results out of starting in greenland.

If I'm feeling adventurous Ill start in Australia or in the USA. I fail more than I pass when I start there but its fun to try anyways!
27-05-2015, 03:04 PM
I started in Saudi Arabia after a YouTube user mentioned that you'd get a lot of air travel from there. Also, you get a bonus to that type of climate. So for me, it's a win-win.
28-05-2015, 09:43 AM
(27-05-2015 03:04 PM)ThePlagueCrea Wrote:  I started in Saudi Arabia after a YouTube user mentioned that you'd get a lot of air travel from there. Also, you get a bonus to that type of climate. So for me, it's a win-win.

Hey there - welcome to the forum, ThePlagueCreator! That's a popular place to start - the transport links are definitely very useful.
28-05-2015, 03:03 PM
(28-05-2015 09:43 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  
(27-05-2015 03:04 PM)ThePlagueCrea Wrote:  I started in Saudi Arabia after a YouTube user mentioned that you'd get a lot of air travel from there. Also, you get a bonus to that type of climate. So for me, it's a win-win.

Hey there - welcome to the forum, ThePlagueCreator! That's a popular place to start - the transport links are definitely very useful.
Thanks! After unlocking several genes (The main one I used was hydrophyle), I am now experimenting with different starting locations. I've found 3 very useful locations:

-Brazil (recommended you use Hydrophyle)
-Saudi Arabia (Lots of air and water routes)
-S.E. Asia (Recommended you use Teracyte)
19-06-2015, 10:57 PM
The best place to start is China for its great placement, seaports, airports, balanced climate and its not rich. Another great place to start is Saudi Arabia because of its great airport transmission.
22-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Balanced climate means no bonus to any climate. I don't like beginning in balanced or cold climates (cold resistance is much cheaper).
26-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Do people vary their starting country depending on disease type? Particularly thinking about special plagues here.