The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Suggestions?
01-03-2014, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 03:14 AM by Chezz00c.)
Suggestions?
Hi guys~
This is just another random player, but I have a list of suggestions / bugs that I think you guys should (if possible) fix / add / implement. c:

Updated 3/6/2014 9:14 PM EST~

Master List (all quoted from this post)
-Add functionality to use arrow / enter keys when selecting plague type (this is something minor that you guys don't really have to consider)
-Add an option that makes it so that all the popups (including important ones) don't actually popup as a window, but kind of pop down from the news ticker in the top right, so as to not interfere with gameplay (it can get annoying clicking the 'OK' button).

(01-03-2014 09:44 AM)LiquidBac Wrote:  - Somehow show me countries which arent fully infected yet
- Add an achievement for beating all plagues on mega brutal
(+make it harder on bacteria/virus/parasite, alot harder on neurax -> ability to enslave humanity instead of killing it makes it easier than the rest)

(01-03-2014 10:33 AM)StormFir Wrote:  1. Allow players to pull country information prior to infecting patient zero, the icons can be hard to see in the console
2. When clicking into the disease menu it would be nice to have it return to the last screen you accessed. No biggie here, just something I think could smooth up transitioning a little
3. An option to use your own custom soundtrack could be cool
4. Holdover tooltips that tell you specifically what the country information is, i.e Arid, Rich, Poor etc.

(01-03-2014 07:20 PM)Hollo Wrote:  - Add more events/happenings/situations to the gameworld. (Like the Patient Zero Hunt, The DarkWater Scandal and all other stuff like that, but also plane crashes, boats sinking/being hijacked and changing their route, and warfare between countries.)
- Create a user-friendly, code-free scenario/disease creator please, it would be helpful to alot of us if you do this, including schematics that are fully customizable, to numbers, percentages, and fully customizable Transmissions, Symptoms, and Abilities.
- Give the players the possibility to use their own diseases in Co-Op/PvP (Pathogen vs Pathogen).
- Make the game actually increase and decrease their numbers in countries when populacy travel to another country.

Please fix the bug that when the whole planet except for maybe 1 country is infected, that the airplanes and boats from those countries are infected, and not healthy, it makes no sense.

(02-03-2014 12:56 AM)DeadlyJellyf Wrote:  -some music options (i would love the old in-game soundtrack from pandemic 2)
-multiplayer to involve a side where you play as the humans against the other player (who would be the pathogen)

(02-03-2014 02:14 AM)GoldenA Wrote:  allow us to chose cheat plagues then another to be the cheat.
Wouldn't it be fun messing with infinite DNA Neurax worn, or for your nano-virus never to be seen?
add local leader-board that can keep ALL scores of previous plagues so you can track every one and re-watch the replay whenever you want, with the news being when (d)evolve trans., symptoms, and res.

(02-03-2014 03:48 AM)Chezz Wrote:  Exportable and importable replays so that you can show them to other players? c:
You can have something like "[name of player]'s [Plague Type] on [Difficulty]"
e.g. "Chezzy's Parasite on Mega-Brutal" and then have the date or other things~

(02-03-2014 05:00 AM)GoldenA Wrote:  The "other things" could be what DNA code editors they used pregame, and date of play? it could prove your hipster as "I played in alpha" XD. Heck, if he could, why not have them hosted somewhere? like save replays online (limited tho, don't want everyone to save everything, like 10 online at once?) so others can download. A safe secure way to watch em :3

(02-03-2014 07:12 AM)emesele Wrote:  Perhaps these things don't work yet - but in the 7 or so playthroughs i've had so far, it seems like the following do next to nothing useful:
a) re-sequencing the genome
b) hardening the genome
c) breaking researchf how infectious it is and why it isn't spreading well (eg: it's too hot).

One kind of plague I think would be neat to have as well would be the Grey Goo, nanites scenario - only a rich country can be a starting location and the world is trying to cure it immediately, however it is hardened by default and its goal isn't necessarily to kill, but to control / convert.

allow each player to have their own virus that spreads throughout the world and whoever kills/converts the most by the end of the game is the winner. This is not directly a PvP unless there is a way to make your plague fight another persons plague, which is probably not on your radar.

(02-03-2014 09:59 AM)Nob0d Wrote:  I wouldn't mind i map over the symptoms on the website over neurax Worm and the Necro virus. and explaining the different symptoms.

I found a map over the normal plagues on a Plague inc tips website but i wouldn't mind having them on the main site.

and maybe a map over the transmission and ability's where there is a different from normal play

(02-03-2014 11:35 AM)Thraw Wrote:  I would really like to see a more interactive policy system and a upgraded world map, for example; Denmark! We have one of the best healthcare system in the world and should be considered.

(02-03-2014 04:01 PM)Chezz Wrote:  You should, as well as a plague / pathogen creator, make a map creator >w<

Or release some mod tools that we can use to create them.

(02-03-2014 05:37 PM)Hollo Wrote:  Give us the possibility to make the Symptom Tree larger, scrollable, or another page to it, would be worth it if creating own scenarios and diseases.

(02-03-2014 09:49 PM)agentexeid Wrote:  is there a possibility of flipping roles, where you are the scientists trying to cure the plague. I was thinking it would be cool to be the scientists, traveling from place to place, researching (minigames maybe?), and trying to cure the plague in time.

I would love a scenario where you have to infect the world with a Probiotic "disease" to protect them from the "real" killer disease.

I like the concept they have come up with for multiplayer, any chance on getting a single player version of it, where the computer takes the place of the "Other" plagues?

(03-03-2014 02:22 PM)milanec Wrote:  1. In the information for each country in the bottom left instead a picture maybe must have a video for from 30 seconds to 1 minute and repeat until to first infection. Then we must see the first infection and this all from real people. Not grŠ°phic things, real people (or even real time view from a cam in the country).
2.Something very annoying is going with the zoom. When i zoom it's zooming only the center of the map. Maybe will be better to zoom where is the cursor on the map.

(03-03-2014 05:57 PM)NoirChartr Wrote:  I have only one suggestion. In short: Chop up the map.
Plaque is a great game, I played the mobile Version and only one thing bothered me. The handling of countrys as a whole.
That you may didn't want to name every single country on earth is part of the topic, but not the main problem.
But for example: East of China: urban. West of China: rural.
Or America: many diffrent climatic regions. But lets stay by China.
Imagine a Virus, who spreads well in cold, urban regions. It starts in Russia and infects some people in north-west China. And...suddenly from the east coast of China a infected ship starts. Sure, it isn't impossible. There may could be a person, who happens to take such a route. But it should be more likely with a Virus, that infects the east of China easier.
I thought you already made this change, when I saw the video. You know, the hexagons over the globe. But...I can't find a single word about it.
So well, this is my suggestion: make it more realistic in detail. Please.

PS: Just had another idea: seasons. But that isn't as much as important as the map thing.

(03-03-2014 11:52 PM)DemoPv Wrote:  I'm not quite sure as to how exactly this might work, but I'll give a couple suggestions for a multiplayer aspect. For example, one team could be the developers of the disease, and the other team could play as scientists, working on a cure for the disease. Each team has to build their virus/cure in adaption to the other team's advancements and so on. Virus team gets like a one minute headstart or something. And then maybe there could be like a temporary cure and stuff like this. I don't know, the idea just came to my head, and I felt like it had to be in the final game. Maybe each member of the scientist team could represent one country, and each member of the virus team could... well I don't honestly know quite yet at this point. But maybe you could just have a 1v1 thing. You have to figure out most of everything else, I'm sorry, but this was just a random post that I felt was necessary. Tell me what you guys think!"

(04-03-2014 06:39 PM)marksomni Wrote:  Maybe make cheats options instead of full-blown disease types?

(04-03-2014 08:24 PM)GoldenA Wrote:  Actually, one idea is the have a few more psychiogical symptoms with the physical, such as craziness, Extream ADHD/OCD, and symptoms that can attack certain body parts such as the thiroid (hyper\hypothirodisim - too much/not enough thriod Harmon's being produced) or liver (pathogen can form and decompose in liver and cause fermentation, acting as high amounts of alcohol). And to combat hydrophobia, why not hydrophilia? Host could want to go to places with a lot of water and even risk life to get to it? Anyway, my ideas for this game, like most I have, are weird ones Wink

(05-03-2014 08:06 AM)Hollo Wrote:  In PvP/Co-Op, the option to use any color out of a color palette for your own infection color on the worldmap.
In the Scenario/Pathogen creator, a possibilty to also create New Strain Ability next to just DNA Reshuffling, as In real life, diseases can have multiple strains aswell.

(06-03-2014 03:35 PM)nomad00 Wrote:  Two-part viruses (like the AIDs viruses)
Incubation periods
Penalties for certain combinations of symptoms
Penalties for mutations that jump to far to fast from the original virus (CDC commits more resources)

(07-03-2014 03:07 AM)JMour Wrote:  how about a plague from other planet?

01-03-2014, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 09:49 AM by LiquidBa38c.)
RE: Suggestions?
(01-03-2014 03:52 AM)Chezz Wrote:  -Add a right click function for mutations in the transmission / symptoms / ability menus to evolve / devolve it (no need to click on a mutation then click the (d)evolve button again)

You can actually double click to (d)evolve anything.

In favor of the rest (especially the missing badge on Neurax is bugging me)

Adding:
Suggestions:
- Somehow show me countries which arent fully infected yet
- Add an achievement for beating all plagues on mega brutal
(+make it harder on bacteria/virus/parasite, alot harder on neurax -> ability to enslave humanity instead of killing it makes it easier than the rest)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 10:33 AM
I have noticed a few things that could be nice additions, please don't take these things as criticisms, I think you are all doing a fantastic job:

1. Allow players to pull country information prior to infecting patient zero, the icons can be hard to see in the console
2. When clicking into the disease menu it would be nice to have it return to the last screen you accessed. No biggie here, just something I think could smooth up transitioning a little
3. An option to use your own custom soundtrack could be cool
4. Holdover tooltips that tell you specifically what the country information is, i.e Arid, Rich, Poor etc.
5. Keep up the awesome work! I don't even generally play mobile games, but I got hooked on this one and jumped on the PC Evolved version as soon as I saw it was available.
01-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Plague Inc RE: Suggestions?
My suggestions would be:

- Add more events/happenings/situations to the gameworld. (Like the Patient Zero Hunt, The DarkWater Scandal and all other stuff like that, but also plane crashes, boats sinking/being hijacked and changing their route, and warfare between countries.)
- Create a user-friendly, code-free scenario/disease creator please, it would be helpful to alot of us if you do this, including schematics that are fully customizable, to numbers, percentages, and fully customizable Transmissions, Symptoms, and Abilities.
- Give the players the possibility to use their own diseases in Co-Op/PvP (Pathogen vs Pathogen).
- Make the game actually increase and decrease their numbers in countries when populacy travel to another country.

I can't think of anything more than this rightnow, so this'll have to do.
Oh yeah! One more thing: Please fix the bug that when the whole planet except for maybe 1 country is infected, that the airplanes and boats from those countries are infected, and not healthy, it makes no sense.

~Hollow.
02-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Plague Inc RE: Suggestions?
i only have 2 suggestions at the moment

-some music options (i would love the old in-game soundtrack from pandemic 2)
-multiplayer to involve a side where you play as the humans against the other player (who would be the pathogen)
02-03-2014, 01:53 AM
Great to see all this - keep it coming Smile
Some of these are already on the to do list - others I'm looking at
02-03-2014, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 02:15 AM by GoldenAf6d.)
Weird one, but one non-the-less: allow us to chose cheat plagues then another to be the cheat.

Wouldn't it be fun messing with infinite DNA Neurax worn, or for your nano-virus never to be seen?
Of course, like cheats now, it wouldn't count as a "win" for the type.

Also, don't know if planed or not, but add local leader-board that can keep ALL scores of previous plagues so you can track every one and re-watch the replay whenever you want, with the news being when (d)evolve trans., symptoms, and res.

-Golden Big Grin
02-03-2014, 03:48 AM
(02-03-2014 02:14 AM)GoldenA Wrote:  Also, don't know if planed or not, but add local leader-board that can keep ALL scores of previous plagues so you can track every one and re-watch the replay whenever you want, with the news being when (d)evolve trans., symptoms, and res.

Exportable and importable replays so that you can show them to other players? c:
02-03-2014, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 05:00 AM by GoldenAf6d.)
(02-03-2014 03:48 AM)Chezz Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 02:14 AM)GoldenA Wrote:  Also, don't know if planed or not, but add local leader-board that can keep ALL scores of previous plagues so you can track every one and re-watch the replay whenever you want, with the news being when (d)evolve trans., symptoms, and res.

Exportable and importable replays so that you can show them to other players? c:

Yeah, like that. Be interesting to see other peoples way of play. The "other things" could be what DNA code editors they used pregame, and date of play? it could prove your hipster as "I played in alpha" XD. Heck, if he could, why not have them hosted somewhere? like save replays online (limited tho, don't want everyone to save everything, like 10 online at once?) so others can download. A safe secure way to watch em :3
02-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Initial thoughts after playing the early access version. I have a lot to unlock - playing casual of course didn't help, I didn't realise I needed to play the normal mode to unlock the next plague type.

Perhaps these things don't work yet - but in the 7 or so playthroughs i've had so far, it seems like the following do next to nothing useful:
a) re-sequencing the genome
b) hardening the genome
c) breaking research

The breaking of research does eventually start to show a black area in the cure progress, but it's so negligable, it's near pointless. Likewise, the mutations to make your plague harder to cure seem to not affect the actual cure date at all. You're much better off making the disease more lethal, than making it harder to pin down in a lab.

Most of the hover help information isn't there - most of the symbols are still mysteries to me, because of this.

It would be helpful to see an indication of how the plague is doing in each country, in terms of how infectious it is and why it isn't spreading well (eg: it's too hot).

One kind of plague I think would be neat to have as well would be the Grey Goo, nanites scenario - only a rich country can be a starting location and the world is trying to cure it immediately, however it is hardened by default and its goal isn't necessarily to kill, but to control / convert. The other mind control plagues could do with a similar goal, where killing isn't the only end-game.

There seems to be something wrong with the mouse clicking on countries - often it will take several clicks, a double click or moving the mouse away and back again for it to finally select.

All in all.. the thing that made me buy the early access (I also have the game on the iPad) is the promise of co-op multiplayer. PvP is interesting, but my group of gaming friends are always in search of the next fun co-op experience. We also do enjoy PvE competition, to see who can do better.

eg: allow each player to have their own virus that spreads throughout the world and whoever kills/converts the most by the end of the game is the winner. This is not directly a PvP unless there is a way to make your plague fight another persons plague, which is probably not on your radar.

Great game, keep up the good work - everything is stable already, no crashes so far, which is a great way to start an early access release Smile

Cheers,
Emeseles