The forum is now archived and available for reading only. To find older posts, you can use a search engine.
If you need assistance, you can contact our Support or use Steam discussions, Discord or Reddit. Thank you.

Suggestions?
15-03-2014, 01:02 AM
RE: Suggestions?
I have some suggestions that are for fun and some that are realistic:

1. Have an alien disease: This disease will be from a foreign planet astronauts have visited in the future. The planet was suspected to be void of life, but it was a heaven of killer infectious alien agents. I dunno how they would be different from the other agents.

2. This is just for fun and not supposed to really exist, but how about a Magic Disease that has completely new and cool symptoms that can fool humans into thinking that they are evolving, like maybe the Magic Disease could make humans stronger? Humans would find the Magic Disease and think it was a gift, and when all the humans are infected, BAM! It learns a spell to make your hair spontaneously combust. I'm thinking the Magic Disease won't be a living agent, but more of an unstable magic particle. If it isn't alive, it can't mutate or reproduce. But it uses spells. Patient 0 will have one Magic particle. Its only spell ability is duplication. It can't spread to someone else until it duplicates. The reason for that is that you can't infect all of humanity with one particle. Anyways, it won't just clone itself all the time, it takes 20 days for it to duplicate. As more people get infected, you get more points. Once you have more points, you can make your duplication spell more efficient and clone more often. This will help spread infectivity because more particles means more people can get it. Eventually you can be able to do more spells such as the ability to make people really happy and careless so people don't mind the disease. You can make humans stronger and more violent through magic mind control. You can make people fly and change their opinions. People will accept the particle thinking it is something marvelous and everyone will want it. No pill or tablet can cure this, but scientists will be investigating the particle to learn about its abilities. This will make them more familiar with it. When you learn a spell is fatal like sudden heart failure or something, scientists will use their developed knowledge to counteract the magic.

3. Another nonliving disease: A poison/toxin. basically you make patient 0's body produce the toxin and it will flood throughout his body. You can make the poison able to excrete through a person's sweat saliva, or waste. When other people meet an object with the toxin, it will go into their system and it will trigger the production of more toxin. This goes on until the world has the toxin being produced in their body as often as the production of red blood cells. After everyone is infected you can change the toxin by how the body produces it. The body will 'accidentally' produce the toxin with harmful affects on the body. blah blah blah, die humanity

4. Robot Agent able to upgrade itself to KILLLLLL. Can develop intelligence maybe?

5. Immune Disease: Your immune system turns against you and attacks your body. This cannot spread because you can't spread your own blood unless it is blood to blood contact. The disease is a result of DNA mutation in humans. The DNA mutations in others should be controlled by maybe controlling the sun's solar radiation? Anyways, bam immune system kills all humanity

THE END

You can change it to make it better. Just sum idears. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2014, 03:35 PM
RE: Suggestions? A few more
Here are a few more suggestions; more realistic:

Plant: Basically a plant pollen/seed is able to fertilize in a human. In the beginning it does start with a few symptoms. Skin will be slightly green, hardly noticeable. The green is the plant getting the sunlight through chlorophyll. It has its roots going through the human body. Another symptom it begins with is slight drowsiness and lack of energy. The reason for this is the roots take in your body's nutrient production for itself. It transfers through pollen/seed? I dunno. Anyways, the more evolved traits you get that use more energy, the greener the skin becomes, so the plant can take in more solar energy. You can evolve so that the plant can use sunlight more efficiently and the skin doesn't need to be as green. It will be able to live with hardly any sunlight so it can work better in colder areas where people wear more clothing. It may start out as a moss I guess. The roots can take over the heart and thus stopping it as a symptom.

Archaea: This will be a special bacteria that was thought to be extinct for billions of years from the Precambrian time. It is unleashed and it starts out with extremophile ability and can transfer and spread as quickly in Iran as in Greenland as in Brazil. Because this bacteria has never been encountered before, it will be hard to find a cure. It will also be anaerobic and you can make it aerobic for it to work more efficiently. It will be able to already stand against class 1 and 2 antibiotics, but not 3 and 4. This is because when the Archaebacteria was around, the environment was harsh, so it evolved to live in tough situations.

Protist: You had prions and even nano-viruses but no protists? That should definitely be something to add. You can evolve fung-like, plant-like, and animal-like.

Leech: You can start out as a blood sucking leech that becomes part of you. It develops a chemical attachment so you can't simply pull it off. It can evolve to inject poison through saliva.

Drug: Another nonliving 'disease.' Maybe you could design a drug and then flood it into patient 0's bloodstream. I don't know how it could spread, but maybe you can make it float around in the air. Maybe, like the toxin idea I had on my other post, the drug can order the body to produce more of it and then it can spread by sneezing/coughing. It can be more realistic by making people sell the drug. If it is harmless at first, it will be legal and people may want to have it if it can make them feel good. It can make people enjoy it. Eventually, you can cesign it to kill you.

You know how you have parasites, viruses, bacteria, nano-viruses, bio-weapons, prions, etc..? Well what if you made another section for diseases not alive. Cancer is a disease not caused by an infectious agent. Same as allergies. You may even say breaking a bone is a disease. Genetic diseases aren't cause by infectious agents either. This whole new section of non-living/ non-reproducing diseases could include my ideas like the Drug, Toxin, Magic Particle, etc... You can get creative on how it 'evolves' and reproduces. If it isn't living, it can't evolve or reproduce. Just an idea. Idea
16-03-2014, 11:42 PM
There is no libido effect in the game, like there is in Pandemic, for example.
It would make a great new way to transmit and/or making it a symptom.

Epilepsy is also not a symptom, which could be, next to just seizures.

~Hollow.
16-03-2014, 11:46 PM
Just thought of this... Half-time, like 1/2 the speed of a game, you can get better control of the game or just allow it to go slowly so you can check on other things at the same time.
Another weird suggestion by Ace!
17-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Great suggestions and ideas guys - keep them coming.

I'm thinking we may put a poll up soon to see what disease types you guys want most in future Smile
17-03-2014, 01:58 PM
(17-03-2014 10:43 AM)NdemicMa Wrote:  Great suggestions and ideas guys - keep them coming.

I'm thinking we may put a poll up soon to see what disease types you guys want most in future Smile

A Digital Virus)
17-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Hi Guys,

First off - great game (I love being the bad guy...)

With regards to my suggestions, here they are (1-5 would be awesome, the rest would be nice-to-haves):

1) Population growth (as well as attrition). This can be an added difficulty layer in 'Brutal' Mode, or perhaps in all game modes. The world's population isn't static in reality, and adding a growth factor would make it more difficult for you if your infection rates are low. A natural attrition rate could also help in the late game.

1.5) <Ties in with #1> Population migration. If a large part of a nation is ill/dying, people are going to undertake an exodus to neighboring countries (if the borders are still open), spreading the disease and straining the infrastructure of those countries.

2) Some kind of Gene/Mutation that targets only specific genders, or alternatively one that targets reproduction. This will eradicate one half of the population, or simply stop humans in their tracks, and let the world 'devolve' into chaos (like an extension of the film 'Children of Men'). These could be additional victory scenarios for Prions.

3) War. Imagine if humanity discovers that an entire continent's water supply is infected, except for the water in, say, Greenland - obviously the population that's left will go to war with Greenland for the resources. The invaders then help you along by possibly sending sick soldiers to Greenland to kill the native population.

4) A Population control subgame/scenario - the target is to create a virus that kills just enough people to keep the population within a certain range. This will work well if the population is larger (ie. future populations as projected for 2050 or something). Will take a very fine balance between infectivity and lethality.

5) A more intuitive display of Incubation Time. I'm assuming it is already part of the base code (since it's noticeable with the Fungus type), but a display that differentiates between infected/incubating and symptomatic/infectious would be great - something such as yellow dots that turn progressively more red, then dark (dead). In addition to this, the dead-colours could also be darker to aid differentiation in denser regions (Europe for instance). Why not make this a user-adjustable setting (that possibly includes uninfected as well)?

6) More mutation paths! More Countries! More airports! More Seaports! More Infection Vectors! I love replaying the game with different combos...

7) In 'Brutal' modes - possibly change the 'Prison' to 'Quarantine'... Makes more sense in-game.

8) Visually - If at all possible it would be great to see the red dots concentrated and spread along population zones (Think Google-Earth's night view, but in red!), rather than the random nature it assumes now. It would also be great if the airline vectors would be in a separate layer that can be hidden.

9) Some more info. The current descriptions are great, but some more in-depth descriptions of various symptoms and infection vectors would be better still. It would at least make me think I'm smart for understanding the terms better...

10) Full spherical 3D earth??? I understand that this one would require an insane amount of work, so maybe future DLC?

In all - I love it, almost as much as I love the Neurax Worm controlling my thoughts.

ALL PRAISE TO THE NEURAX WORM
17-03-2014, 06:23 PM
Passive Symptoms.
This should be an Ability, that is usable in the Disease Menu.
Meaning you can Evolve a symptom, then let it "incubate" for a while, until you devolve the Passive Symptom Ability again, and let it loose.
This is also a great way to apply severity tactics into the game, for example, you could let the disease be deadly severe until you Evolve the Passive Symptom Ability, and then select the most lethal symptoms to stop them from happening.
Meanwhile the severity goes down and people start to think the "hardest strain" of the pathogen has been dealt with, decreasing the Cure Priority.
This could also work the other way around, meaning you could select lethal symptoms to be passive at the start, and only evolve minor symptoms to just spread the disease easier, and later drop the bomb when devolving the Passive symptom Ability.

~Hollow.
17-03-2014, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2014 10:29 PM by turtlebom592.)
For normal plague types you have parasite, but you can expand parasite into a ton of crap, so why don't you? There's so many parasites that affect people in different ways! You made another variation of parasite with neurax worm. Possibly do that with some more?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand please use this:

FREAKING PROTIST MAAAAAAN! I AM SURPRISED YOU DON'T HAVE IT ALREADY! WHAT THE HECCCCCCCK?!?!?!?!

Anyways I really love the war ideas people had and I want some way we could have wars in it. Maybe we could choose to be a psycho country trying to infect all the other countries of the world and try to avoid being attacked back by building bases and defenses. Then we release Armageddon with our bioweapon, MUHAHAHAHAAA!

annnnnnnnnnnnd another suggestion:

Pollutant: (You can see I'm a fan of nonliving 'diseases') You create this radioactive or whatever pollutant gas, and it doesn't infect people, but its being breathed in by everyone in the area of where it has spread. The gas comes from a single source called 'Source 0' and it doesn't need to reproduce. When people discover that your pollutant is harmful, they will go ape-shizz and isolate the source the best they can and try to discover how to freshen the air back up and how to stop the source from releasing gases. It can transmit by the pollutant clinging to clothing or whatever. To make it 'evolve' you can make it harmfully radioactive which will cause human mutations rather than pathogen mutations. The human mutations can be like cancer and stuff. You can also 'evolve' it by making it release toxic waste stuff or maybe some isotope unstable element sciencey thingamabobby.

For normal plague types you have parasite, but you can expand parasite into a ton of crap, so why don't you? There's so many parasites that affect people in different ways! You made another variation of parasite with neurax worm. Possibly do that with some more?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand please use this:

FREAKING PROTIST MAAAAAAN! I AM SURPRISED YOU DON'T HAVE IT ALREADY! WHAT THE HECCCCCCCK?!?!?!?!

Anyways I really love the war ideas people had and I want some way we could have wars in it. Maybe we could choose to be a psycho country trying to infect all the other countries of the world and try to avoid being attacked back by building bases and defenses. Then we release Armageddon with our bioweapon, MUHAHAHAHAAA!

annnnnnnnnnnnd another suggestion:

Pollutant: (You can see I'm a fan of nonliving 'diseases') You create this radioactive or whatever pollutant gas, and it doesn't infect people, but its being breathed in by everyone in the area of where it has spread. The gas comes from a single source called 'Source 0' and it doesn't need to reproduce. When people discover that your pollutant is harmful, they will go ape-shizz and isolate the source the best they can and try to discover how to freshen the air back up and how to stop the source from releasing gases. It can transmit by the pollutant clinging to clothing or whatever. To make it 'evolve' you can make it harmfully radioactive which will cause human mutations rather than pathogen mutations. The human mutations can be like cancer and stuff. You can also 'evolve' it by making it release toxic waste stuff or maybe some isotope unstable element sciencey thingamabobby.
18-03-2014, 03:12 AM
Hi,

I have one simple suggestion, i notice that Spain have wrong location because are under Portugal.

So Spain and Portugal are one country named Spain.

Can you please Correct that?

We (Portuguese's) are won the war against Spain in 1385 so its a shame see that.

Regards,
CM.