Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game?
08-03-2014, 10:09 PM
RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game?
(07-03-2014 11:21 AM)NdemicMarc Wrote:  Is it being able to unlock new content?
This is one of the big ones. If you see something super awesome but it's locked, I'm going to play the game and try to fulfill the requirements to unlock that thing. I especially enjoy games that make you unlock things in an order so that the next thing you unlock is better / more awesome than the first. :3

(07-03-2014 11:21 AM)NdemicMarc Wrote:  Is it to perfect your strategies and get a high score?
This would be a bigger factor for replayability if I actually knew how a score was calculated. I think one of the main factors of score is how long you took to infect and kill the world, but it's still a mystery to me.

(07-03-2014 11:21 AM)NdemicMarc Wrote:  Is it to beat your friends?
This is a fun one, yes. Being able to rub a higher score into your friend's face is satisfying, but not as much to keep me playing the game after I've beat high scores of my friends.

(07-03-2014 11:21 AM)NdemicMarc Wrote:  Is it to play new stuff made by a community?
This is probably the biggest thing that makes me keep playing a game. Custom modes, game options, and content made by other people can make people play a game longer. I want to be one that makes lots of custom pathogens and scenarios for the community to enjoy. This is why I suggest a pathogen creator as well as a scenario creator. c:

(07-03-2014 11:21 AM)NdemicMarc Wrote:  Is it to increase your 'level' on multiplayer (thinking of things like COD, Hearthstone, MMOs here)?
This is kind of a debatable one. If you can unlock new achievements and perks to your profile (Chezzy: Level 1 - Virus Beginner to Chezzy: Level 99 - Total World Controller), that would be cool. You can make it so that besides experience levels (Level 1 to 99 or whatever), you could also have another ranking system that lets you compete against the best. Think about ranked ladders where you can climb up to the best. Something like that. :3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Replayability - What keeps bringing you back to a game? - Chezzy - 08-03-2014 10:09 PM